Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New shift knob

Spork1569

Looks clean with the rest of the car, where'd you get the hat? Never realized how hot metal shift knobs get until having one.

I recently added a steeda knob I got on offer up (Sadly I damaged the paint in the ST logo so guess I'm running it all black until I repaint). Even in our mild SoCal weather the knob still burns my hand on certain days and freezes it on others.

Attachments

OP
zadams55
Thread Starter #3
Looks clean with the rest of the car, where'd you get the hat? Never realized how hot metal shift knobs get until having one.

I recently added a steeda knob I got on offer up (Sadly I damaged the paint in the ST logo so guess I'm running it all black until I repaint). Even in our mild SoCal weather the knob still burns my hand on certain days and freezes it on others.
I found the hat in Party City I think it was, I was hoping to get a nicer felt one but I wasn't willing to pay $20 instead these are plastic and I got 8 for $4

Hoping that the sun not being directly on it will do the trick. Inside i put two strips of rubber to keep it snug but also keeps the hat from directly touching the ball so there is an air gap between. Once it gets hotter here and I end up parking in the sun I will update on how it works. Even if it doesn't work it is good for a laugh.