Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Tires - Which One? Kuhmo or Falken

I went to all the Tire Shops in town and check out their inventory for 205/40/17 84W tires. I want to get the Kuhmo Ecsta 4X @ $86.95 each.

Other choices are Grenada HP or Falken ziex ZE512, ZE912, or ZE950.

The cheapest ones are the Falken.

The Bridgestone tires that came stock are $400 each, and I wore a set out at 8,000 miles.

What do you think of the Kuhmo tires?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Go with the Kuhmo I've been using them for years on my Focus.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Kuhmo's are ok I have a set we use for AutoX event on a set of 4x100 15 inch rims so they have been run hard on various honda/acuras and the only thing i noticed was a bit of tread separation on one tire It looked like a crack arcoss the face of the tread. didn't hurt anything as it wasn't deep and the Kuhmo XS rated good in GRM review and gripped pretty well. Are you on a budget that you are only looking at those two tires? Yes those stock tires are a bit soft it seems too :)

OP
Matt_FiST
Thread Starter #4
I got the Falken Ziex ZE512 205/40/17 84W. Discount Tires had them in stock for $83 each. I only bought two tires. Im not going to the track at all. Just want to make sure I have plenty of traction in an emergency situation. (California drivers in the rain)

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Good enough let us know how they work out be interesting to hear.

OP
Matt_FiST
Thread Starter #6
So far so good. No complaints. They are quiet. Smooth. 100+ mph no vibration. [lovest]