Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New to me '14 race red fist in seattle. real happy! but...interior issues? exterior issues? blah.

Hey guys, been lurking around these forums for awhile now and finally pulled the trigger on a used 2014 raced FiST with moonroof and recaro package. Overall i'm really happy with with car but i can't help but notice the cheapness of build quality in some areas of the car, in particular the plastic interior trim on the door handles and around the cup holders are starting to peel off and i am a little suspicious that the moonroof is not tilting all the way. Also, the exterior paint on the hood seems weak and susceptible to chipping. But besides all that i've been having a blast driving this car, never experienced this much fun in a stock car, coming from lots of motor bike experience(currently ride 2001 aprilia rsv mille, 1988 gsxr750 project bike) i am extremely pleased.

Attachments

A lot of complaints seemingly some at Ford for someone that did not know how the previous owner treated it. If it's just peeling would Ford glue it correctly under warranty?
Are there chips or pealing on hood? Chips can't be stopped and are just unlucky part of miles on the car. Paint should not be peaking though you probably will find orange peal in the paint. Considering top paint jobs takes north of $50k and hundreds of man hours wet sanding and polishing it's not surprising at mass produced $20k car has minor paint defects.

Enjoy the car. I'm have a blast in mine despite my scratched back bumper from trying to fit my bike in back. [welcome]