Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New to me ST

Hey guys... I just acquired a 15 FiST.. this car runs like A$$. Lol
It has a Garrett turbo, dizzy ethanol monitor, aux fuel system... wiring an routing was very, very messy and un organized. Im sure the car is tuned, but a tuner wasn't in the car. Is there a way to return the cars to stock and start all over with a different tune so I know what was do e?

This is a lot to ask on a forums. Something with those kind of mods should really have been talked about or asked before purchasing. Unless this was a dealer purchase? I can see really being at a loss if this is the situation.

I don’t have a lot to go off of with your post, that doesn’t end with dropping money in needed items to get it to your liking. Do you know anything more about the car to help with your situation? Might even get lucky and someone on here will know it or it’s previous owner.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
It was purchased at auction... for a steal i might add!!! I am probably going to swap everything back to stock (all the stock parts were in the car when delivered) but no tune info or accessport tuner. I may have to order a new PCM just to get stock tune back on the car.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys... I just acquired a 15 FiST.. this car runs like A$$. Lol
It has a Garrett turbo, dizzy ethanol monitor, aux fuel system... wiring an routing was very, very messy and un organized. Im sure the car is tuned, but a tuner wasn't in the car. Is there a way to return the cars to stock and start all over with a different tune so I know what was do e?
Welcome to the cult!
If you buy an Accessport, you can flash a stage 0 tune, which is (I think) Cobbs version of the stock tune, if that's what you mean by retuning to stock.

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
This is a lot to ask on a forums. Something with those kind of mods should really have been talked about or asked before purchasing. Unless this was a dealer purchase? I can see really being at a loss if this is the situation.

I don’t have a lot to go off of with your post, that doesn’t end with dropping money in needed items to get it to your liking. Do you know anything more about the car to help with your situation? Might even get lucky and someone on here will know it or it’s previous owner.
I foun
Welcome to the cult!
If you buy an Accessport, you can flash a stage 0 tune, which is (I think) Cobbs version of the stock tune, if that's what you mean by retuning to stock.
Thats what I'm trying to do. I will revert to base tune, then install everything correctly and to my liking and the tune in correctly

Ahh very cool! Can’t wait to see what all you acquired!

I agree with FiestaSTdude then. Get ahold of a Accessport and get to it lol. Are you selling off the parts and going stock?

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
Ahh very cool! Can’t wait to see what all you acquired!

I agree with FiestaSTdude then. Get ahold of a Accessport and get to it lol. Are you selling off the parts and going stock?
I dont think ill be selling parts yet.... im just trying to get drivability and ensure the engine is right. Then reinstall the good stuff and re tune it right.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I dont think ill be selling parts yet.... im just trying to get drivability and ensure the engine is right. Then reinstall the good stuff and re tune it right.
Check out the for sale part of the forum for Accessports if you want to save some money. That's how I got mine.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I may have to order a new PCM just to get stock tune back on the car.
You may be able to have the PCM reprogrammed at a dealer.
That may be cheaper than buying a new one.
BTW: even a new PCM would need to be programmed (by dealer) to connect to your car so you would be paying for that anyway.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Welcome , congrats and be careful the fact that someone traded that car in with those parts (usually how the cars wind up at auction) would make me suspicious.
Couldn’t agree with this more. If you haven’t already, I’d first do a compression test to see where you’re at there. Hopefully some cocksucker didn’t trade it in because they trashed it. Agree with your plan to remove things, reassemble correctly, then tune. That’s exactly what I’d do along with the basics like changing oil and filter, spark plugs, trans fluid.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Sounds like someone's headache. A turn in maybe but unless he drove around with all the old parts in the car I have my doubts it was a true repo. Could be he was past due and trying to get out from under it and couldn't get what he owed or had a title loan on it owing tons of penalties and interest. I would be worried about abuse with this car. But if you got it really, really cheap it may be worth the gamble. Lots of labor involved so if you can DIY it you may have found your dream car, or it the engine is shot and install work 1/2 A$$ you may have found a nightmare. You are a brave soul, Good Luck!

OP
D
Thread Starter #19
Sounds like someone's headache. A turn in maybe but unless he drove around with all the old parts in the car I have my doubts it was a true repo. Could be he was past due and trying to get out from under it and couldn't get what he owed or had a title loan on it owing tons of penalties and interest. I would be worried about abuse with this car. But if you got it really, really cheap it may be worth the gamble. Lots of labor involved so if you can DIY it you may have found your dream car, or it the engine is shot and install work 1/2 A$$ you may have found a nightmare. You are a brave soul, Good Luck!
I got it for 2800.00. I am a mechanic by trade.... lol heres my bay at the shop. If it has a shot motor, ill sell the mods and recoupe my investment..

Attachments