Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

new to the FiST test drove one, looking for advice.

Test drove a '14 molten orange FiST charcoal interior, moon roof tonight and I really like the car, it was nerve racking as it was my first time ever driving a manual transmission car! I got to drive it a little in a parking lot and on a side road near the dealer. basically worked on just learning to shifting from gears 1,2,3 , but I did not get a proper test drive on the highway and so forth. They are asking 13K + 699 dealer fee + tax. total at 14.5K taxes included.

I have the option of a going for a variety of new '19's FiST's one state over and I have a hard time not just getting a new one at 18.3k before taxes. what do you guys think? I am leaning towards just getting a new one, for the lower MX and warranty

1st off welcome , and I would definitely get a new 1 if its in your price range and has what you are looking for. If its your 1st manual , you have to get used your clutch release and your gear engagement points. Just practice, practice practice, and once you do your gonna have a blast driving it.

OP
A
Thread Starter #4
1st off welcome , and I would definitely get a new 1 if its in your price range and has what you are looking for. If its your 1st manual , you have to get used your clutch release and your gear engagement points. Just practice, practice practice, and once you do your gonna have a blast driving it.
Thank you, I can definitely see that it requires lots of practice. Smoothly letting out the clutch while adding power is something I was trying to get used to, and to an extent I sort of got it for the most part in the 15 or so minutes I had with the car. I only stalled about half a dozen or so times... what surprised me was it only took the slightest bit of elevation at a stop sign to really change the required throttle input while letting out the clutch, I had a ups truck behind me and I stalled it trying to turn at said stop sign X.X oops.

I think a new one is the better deal right now for me, less maintenance, very close in price to the 6 year old model, and it comes with octane academy.

Last edited:
Thank you, I can definitely see that it requires lots of practice. Smoothly letting out the clutch while adding power is something I was trying to get used to, and to an extent I sort of got it for the most part in the 15 or so minutes I had with the car. I only stalled about half a dozen or so times... what surprised me was it only took the slightest bit of elevation at a stop sign to really change the required throttle input while letting out the clutch, I had a ups truck behind me and I stalled it trying to turn at said stop sign X.X oops.

I think a new one is the better deal right now for me, less maintenance, very close in price to the 6 year old model, and it comes with octane academy.
I’m a newer owner of a 19 as well. Loving it so far.
on the subject of Octane Academy call or try to register ASAP when you buy. Registration opened last week and there were only 120 spots available total. I registered in first few hours and my date was almost full.
Lots of upgrades from 14 as well with camera and CarPlay. Upgrades are fun and plenty. Buy now and get in on the BF sales.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
The only reason to get the ‘14 is the aux radio jack. Otherwise get the new car. The engine/head has been fixed to prevent cracking and the price is right

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome, I would get a 19 if I were you. Unless the 14 was super low mileage and you absolutely had to have that color. Otherwise you are better off getting the 19 the price difference is not large enough to just get yourself a brand new car that no one has owned or driven.