Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Nitrous e50 FiST w/ stock turbo - 312whp / 419wtq

I don't know if the FiST in question is on this forum or not, but I just saw where DHM tuned it to throw down 312whp/419wtq on a wet 100 shot. This is on a stock turbo/block/clutch/trans. I didn't know the stock stuff could handle that much torque thrown at it without breaking. Thoughts?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
It's a mild surprise... But, only because it's heat that is the number one enemy. The question, however, should be in regards to how long/many sprays of nitrous will it take.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
https://www.facebook.com/DeadHookMotorsports/posts/1810414802537180

14876492_1810407085871285_13128470330914007_o.jpg

Stephen's Party ST is at it again! This time with some nitrous in the mix! 312whp and 419wtq with a stock engine and stock turbo Fiesta!!!

Below you can see a no nitrous pull, 55shot pull and 100shot pull. These are all in the same day.

We still have a ways to go with testing on the 100shot but he will be hitting the track tomorrow on the 55shot to see what she does!

2015 Fiesta ST:

• DHM e50 Tune
  • DHM Race Intercooler Kit
  • Catless DP
  • 3" Exhaust
  • 2jr Intake
  • Zex Single Nozzle Wet Nitrous Kit
  • Stock Turbo, Engine, Clutch and Trans!

14876492_1810407085871285_13128470330914007_o.jpg

Attachments

This is what I'm talking about, I'd love to take this route up until big turbo. I'm interested in seeing what tuning changes were made, both power curves are hella flat I love it.

OP
MisSTrouble
Thread Starter #7
It's a mild surprise... But, only because it's heat that is the number one enemy. The question, however, should be in regards to how long/many sprays of nitrous will it take.
Agreed. I'm kinda doubtful it'll take too many hits before it breaks. While that much torque has got to be crazy fun, I think it's gonna prove to be too much for a stock car. Especially if you throw slicks on it at the track and it actually hooks up. Also, I'm personally not a fan of dual power adder cars, as they seem to be notoriously difficult to keep happy and healthy.

Super interested in how this turns out. Not that I would probably ever do it, but interested none the less.

SAFezzy

On the 55 shot did you experience the clutch slipping or starting to slip ?
DHM always coming through with the best stuff and tuning [twothumb]

My old Zetec Focus made 83hp and 128ft/lb's extra with nitrous. With proper tuning and precautions it won't harm anything more than any other power adder. Interesting how people popped motors on the pathetically weak jackson supercharger but, I didn't on nitrous. I put most of the miles my car had with spray and was getting a bottle at least every other week in the summer months.

You have things like: pressure gauges, bottle heaters, rpm window switches, fuel pressure safety cutoff switches, progressive control etc to make it even safer.

The main reason nitrous gets such a bad name is that people just buy the cheapest of the shelf kit and use the jet chart without dyno tuning. Also people think "oh that was fast, this jetting will be even faster!" and you know what happens
next.

The things they are doing with ECU control nitrous setups are amazing compared to the old days. They can use spray to make up for any turbo lag and tapper it off seamlessly as boost comes on. My only regret with that car is that I put so many bottles into it I could have bought a great turbo setup.

My old Zetec Focus made 83hp and 128ft/lb's extra with nitrous. With proper tuning and precautions it won't harm anything more than any other power adder. Interesting how people popped motors on the pathetically weak jackson supercharger but, I didn't on nitrous. I put most of the miles my car had with spray and was getting a bottle at least every other week in the summer months.

You have things like: pressure gauges, bottle heaters, rpm window switches, fuel pressure safety cutoff switches, progressive control etc to make it even safer.

The main reason nitrous gets such a bad name is that people just buy the cheapest of the shelf kit and use the jet chart without dyno tuning. Also people think "oh that was fast, this jetting will be even faster!" and you know what happens
next.

The things they are doing with ECU control nitrous setups are amazing compared to the old days. They can use spray to make up for any turbo lag and tapper it off seamlessly as boost comes on. My only regret with that car is that I put so many bottles into it I could have bought a great turbo setup.
Can you go over the cost of what would be considered a safe 55 shot setup? I am very interested in the 55 shot as it seems to add a great hit of power and push the peak HP out to the right a bit which I like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Siestarider

I have never used it, but as a passenger I can attest to the power and startle factor in other platforms.

With switchable maps and some professional development I can see nitrous the #1 cheap mod for street. A stock ST that is capable of a mind-blowing burst when the adrenaline is right. Sounds like fun to me, wolfing a sheep or two. 'Course it could also be addictive, in which case forget the inexpensive part.

Izzy

Interested in this E50 tune...Maybe he can chime in... [MENTION=3971]Russ[/MENTION]