Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

no dtcs or check engine light but the im monitors evap system and fuel system are not ready

gianni231

hello all, im having an issue trying to get my 2015 fiesta st ready for emissions test in dallas texas. the monitors on my accessport that arent ready are the evap and fuel systems. i have completed a full drive cycle with freeway and city driving, cold start and warm start. still not ready. i recently had a defouler installed with the smallest fitting to take the check engine light away for code p0420. i have a whoosh v2 catless down/midpipe installed. check engine light is gone after 200 miles and no pending or stored code p0420. thats good. BUT i went to complete a drive cycle after the codes were cleared and i checked after 100 miles and the evap and fuel system are not ready. this had me suspicious, so i checked for dtcs and i had a stored code, with NO check engine light. p0456. took the car to a kwikkar to get fixed but they ordered the wrong part and didnt get it fixed. took it home cleared the codes once more and next day i drove another 125 miles. checked for dtcs and no codes were found, and check engine light is off. I/M monitors showed that evap and fuel system are not ready. i looked everywhere on google and some people replaced the purge valve/canister valve in the engine bay under the intake and it fixed their problem. i dont know if i need to do this or not because i have no dtcs at all and the check engine light is off. i looked at all the hard lines near the intake and throttle body and eveything seems to look fine. no cracks, openings, nothing. i am runnning the stage 1 cobb map for this whole process and im debating whether or not to switch to stock map to see if this will make the monitors show ready. the car has almost 135000 miles on it. i also have a cold short ram air intake, vta diverter for blow off valve noises, and mbrp exhaust. i used to live in california and i had this issue where id fill the tank to full, then switch the car on and it had a crappy idle, and would sometimes stall if i didnt tap the gas to keep it alive. i thought it was just an issue with the arco gas station i was filling up at so i stopped filling up there and the problem seemed to go away. back then the only dtc i ever had was p0420 because i had the catless midpipe installed with no defouler. never untill last week did i have p0456. i have no idea whats going on. if someone could help at all, please do. i would really, really appreciate anything. thank you people.

Dialcaliper

The stuttering idle you mentioned is classic Evap valve going bad - worth considering just replacing the evap harness.

Since you cleared the codes and reset the ECU with the Cobb tune, it’s possible the monitors haven’t hit the right criteria but the code hasn’t set yet.

EVAP System Monitor Drive Cycle Procedure

1. Pre-Conditioning
Requirements
  • Cold soak the vehicle for 8 hours.
  • No DTCs present.
  • Fuel fill between 15% and 85%

2. Driving Procedure
A. Start the vehicle and idle for four minutes.

B. Idle the vehicle in drive for 40 seconds (neutral for M/T)

C. Accelerate to 45 mph, using ¼ to ½ throttle (M/T stay in second gear for at least 5 seconds). Accelerate for at least 10 seconds and shift through to 5th gear.

D. Drive with a steady throttle at 45 mph for 30 seconds.

E. Stop the vehicle and idle in drive or neutral for 40 seconds.

F. Drive at speeds between 25 mph and 45 mph for 15 minutes.
Note: Use 25% to 50% throttle accelerations. Include the Following conditions.
  • At least 5 stops with ten seconds of idle time.
  • At least 3 steady speed sections of 1½ minutes duration.

G. Drive the vehicle between 45 mph and 60 mph for 8 minutes (use high gear).

H. Keep a steady speed between 45 mph and 60 mph for 5 minutes.

I. Drive the vehicle between 45 mph and 60 mph for 8 minutes (use high gear).

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why TF does ANYONE go catless? Idiotic.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Why TF does ANYONE go catless? Idiotic.
because they don’t listen to the people with more experience than them? Because they ignore the fact that it’s been stated many times that going catless on our cars does not gain much if any HP even with a bigger turbo . Let alone the fact that people have managed to make 375hp in our cars with stock exhaust and downpipe? Or they are just lemmings?
Or all of the above.
I.E. it’s not 1990 it’s 2024 science does exist and things can be made better

And of course it’s Catless it’s gotta be better cause that damn EPA and CARB are out to ruin our day because there is no such thing as global warming or pollution . wah wah wah😂