Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Noise from driver side wheel

Hi

I'm from South Africa and drive a 2015 Ford fiesta st and noticed a ticking noise from my wheel when I exceed 50kph, I recorded it. When I got home I jacked up the car and spinned the wheel by hand, also recorded. My mate tells me it's the cv joint.
Please have a look and give me your opinion.
Thanks

I'll check now how to upload a sound and a video clip

Attachments

OP
Thread Starter #4
Yes, sounds like it's coming from the CV joint. Also sounds like a warped brake disc.
A lot of colleagues when they see the video they say cv joint. When I play the sound clip while driving in a straight line above 50kph they don't know.
Its sound like tick tick tick, the faster I go the faster the ticks.

I stuck my phone out the window to record this, right hand drive

Attachments

Last edited:
Hey bru. I'm also in sa. PM me your number. There's a jozi whatsapp group I can put u there. The talk a lot of kak but might be able to help.

Romero

I have the same thing happening with my St but can’t get the video to play so I can see if it’s the same sound if anyone can help please

steve_rsa

I have the same issue, starts at 70kph and just gets louder. Have had all 4 wheels off, checked the tyres for nails etc - nothing. No CV noise at all, just the clicking noise.

I have the same issue, starts at 70kph and just gets louder. Have had all 4 wheels off, checked the tyres for nails etc - nothing. No CV noise at all, just the clicking noise.
Might have found what it could be - had a few people with the same issue after a while, and it seems to be wheel bearings that need replacing.