Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NON BOLT-IN intercooler guys in here!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I keep seeing cheap intercoolers pop up on ebay. I found 27"x7"x2.5" sized bar and plate core intercoolers for like $60-80 shipped.
The inlet/outlet are straight.

What are you guys using to connect the endtanks to the factory intercooler piping? I figure i need 2 90* elbows and two short sections of piping... Id like to see your set-ups.

If i had $350+ for an intercooler id buy one from Ron in an instant. But im a dad now and spending money on the FiST is getting harder to do....

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Spork1569

I keep seeing cheap intercoolers pop up on ebay. I found 27"x7"x2.5" sized bar and plate core intercoolers for like $60-80 shipped.
The inlet/outlet are straight.

What are you guys using to connect the endtanks to the factory intercooler piping? I figure i need 2 90* elbows and two short sections of piping... Id like to see your set-ups.

If i had $350+ for an intercooler id buy one from Ron in an instant. But im a dad now and spending money on the FiST is getting harder to do....

You should try and see if you can get the silicone coupler kit Ron sells with the mishimoto J line intercooler. It's probably similar in design to those eBay intercoolers and has those straight end tanks.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
you're a dad now, don't spend money on the FiST. Start a college fund for your child.
We have a savings account set-up for him.

I have money to spend but it feels irresponsible to do so. Adulting sucks.

koozy

3000 Post Club
We have a savings account set-up for him.

I have money to spend but it feels irresponsible to do so. Adulting sucks.

It's your money, at the end you shouldn't feel irresponsible. If you do, then it's probably not the right thing to do.

That said. You usually get what you pay for in terms of quality and results. Do it right, do it once.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Not everyone goes to college, and none of us can predict what the future is going to be. No offense to anybody with young kids but you can't make your kids go to college. If you're in financial good shape spending money on the intercooler is perfectly okay. In the long run a couple hundred bucks spent on something that will fit better, and will be less of a headache is well worth it in my opinion. The number one area where people waste money is going out to eat, buying snacks at convenience stores, buying coffee at a coffee shop, and paying people to do work for them they could do themselves. $300 on a intercooler is a hole in the bucket to what most people with kids spend on dumb shit.
Save for the future but also enjoy life you only get one. I am huge on saving for retirement so I also feel guilty by spending money on things I don't need. You shouldn't feel guilty, and I shouldn't but I still do.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
Not everyone goes to college, and none of us can predict what the future is going to be. No offense to anybody with young kids but you can't make your kids go to college. If you're in financial good shape spending money on the intercooler is perfectly okay. In the long run a couple hundred bucks spent on something that will fit better, and will be less of a headache is well worth it in my opinion. The number one area where people waste money is going out to eat, buying snacks at convenience stores, buying coffee at a coffee shop, and paying people to do work for them they could do themselves. $300 on a intercooler is a hole in the bucket to what most people with kids spend on dumb shit.
Save for the future but also enjoy life you only get one. I am huge on saving for retirement so I also feel guilty by spending money on things I don't need. You shouldn't feel guilty, and I shouldn't but I still do.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
I used "college" as a metaphor. My point was to invest in the child, their future, etc.

Last edited: