Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NOOB QUESTION... Tapping Speaker Wires for Powered Sub

I've researched this but am not clear so I thought I'd ask directly.

I'm installing a Powered Sub (RF PS8) to an otherwise stock system. My powered sub can take RCA (low level) or speaker level input. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to one or the other for my specific application?

Does balance and fade affect the subwoofer depending on which option I go with? I'm looking for the most simple solution but without compromise in quality of functionality.

Thanks!!!

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I've researched this but am not clear so I thought I'd ask directly.

I'm installing a Powered Sub (RF PS8) to an otherwise stock system. My powered sub can take RCA (low level) or speaker level input. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to one or the other for my specific application?

Does balance and fade affect the subwoofer depending on which option I go with? I'm looking for the most simple solution but without compromise in quality of functionality.

Thanks!!!
I don’t think there’s a difference. It’s more of a question what you’d hate more - running RCA cables from the head unit (are there outputs??) or tapping into the speaker wire. I’d say the latter is easier. I believe you only really need one channel. There’s a bunch of threads on the speaker/sub/amp install. I have written one.