Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Normal noise or failure

Hey all. I’ve noticed a very slight rattling noise at idle when I have the clutch pedal fully released. It goes away completely if I push in the clutch. I’ve heard some people say that this is normal flywheel noise from these cars but I’m not sure what I believe of that. Drivability isn’t affected in the slightest. Should I get a transmission shop to look at it?

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #3
You know that interesting my car has been making that same sort of chattering noise when the clutch is engaged as well and I had an experienced tech (not a ford tech) tell me the throwout bearing was going out.

And the noise seems to be non existent some days and louder others, guess maybe it's just because my clutch work isn't the greatest.

And the noise seems to be non existent some days and louder others.
That sounds about right, mine was being worse when I drove it for a while and then it sat stationary for a while more (maybe flywheel gets heat soaked when its not moving? idk) When I got my flywheel replaced, they did change the throwout bearing as well, so maybe it was adding to the noise pile. That being said, I got new flywheel for about a year how and it makes similar noises and clacks during clutch engagement (although not nearly as prominent as on that video) 🤷‍♂️