Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Not many options for Strut and Coil Spring Assembly

pixelzombie

My 2016 FiST has 56k miles on it and I'm contemplating new struts/springs in the front before winter sets in. All I can find so far is Monroe, Unity Automotive, and SenSen. Of those 3 which is my better option? This is my daily driver, but wouldn't mind getting a setup that improves the handling a bit.

My 2016 FiST has 56k miles on it and I'm contemplating new struts/springs in the front before winter sets in. All I can find so far is Monroe, Unity Automotive, and SenSen. Of those 3 which is my better option? This is my daily driver, but wouldn't mind getting a setup that improves the handling a bit.
Do you ever browse around this forum? There are more top quality suspension kits and components available in a wide variety of types available for the Fiesta ST than all but the most established brands on the globe!

kevinatfms

It does not. That is just the top plate with studs. The lower part which is the bearing is separate.

8V5Z-18198-B - (Motorcraft number is AD1133) and i think its $35-40 from what i remember.

Dave88LX

U.S. Air Force Veteran
OK thanks, that's the conclusion I started coming to as well.

If I'm replacing springs/shocks/struts etc. at 100K, I should do BOTH the strut mount and bearing as well I assume? Or do the strut mounts typically stay fine and only need a bearing?

My car is a 2015...IDK if it's before or after that date, or if it really even matters. Maybe 1133 replaced 1103.

1709829358489.png

KYB SM5880 is $33.79 and includes the bearing.

FoMoCo is $58.79 and requires the bearing too.

I like OEM where possible, but, don't know if the KYB is just as good here.

Eh..."It's already apart, should just do it all."

Last edited:
KYB mounts and strut bearings are good quality and a good place to save a bit of money on this job. I’m going to be installing them atop my new B8s this weekend.

My car is a 2015...IDK if it's before or after that date, or if it really even matters. Maybe 1133 replaced 1103.
Look at your driver’s door jamb sticker, it will list the month your particular car rolled off the assembly line.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Do you ever browse around this forum? There are more top quality suspension kits and components available in a wide variety of types available for the Fiesta ST than all but the most established brands on the globe!
Old post/thread, which I missed somehow.

But yes, many, many kits, options, etc. and every single one of them lower this car at least a half inch, if not substantially more, unless the factory springs are used. [mad]
(Save for Dialcaliper's pieced together, multiple sourced, solution.)

NOT everyone wants/likes, or could use that. [nono]

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Old post/thread, which I missed somehow.

But yes, many, many kits, options, etc. and every single one of them lower this car at least a half inch, if not substantially more, unless the factory springs are used. [mad]
(Save for Dialcaliper's pieced together, multiple sourced, solution.)

NOT everyone wants/likes, or could use that. [nono]
I like being able to run 215/45R17 on my stock 2016 suspension and have no reason to mess with it.
But this is good to know about the aftermarket solutions that are out there.

In over half a million miles across multiple vehicles including motorcycles, I've never had a strut go bad..
Have had a strut mount fail (rust) and had rear springs fracture in identical spots near the seat (so didn't need to mess with'em).

Springs are particularly vulnerable to rust so keep an eye on them.
I do occasionally clean and lube the shiny strut bars with silicon spray.