Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Now I'm part of the "where did my boost go" club....

Fair warning - I am stating my lost of boost before actually giving the car a proper inspection. I don't have a way to get under it at work. I acknowledge that this is a dick move to ask for advice before trying to fix the problem myself. I'm over 100 miles away from my tools.

19' with Whoosh hybrid and accoutrements (Kompact plumb back BOV, V3 cooler, 14psi wastegate, Dizzy tune).

When I floor it the car lacks power and it sounds like the BOV is going wide open. Normal driving (0 boost to 15 psi) everything is good- no boost leak sounds. Floor it and it peaks out around 20-22 psi and sounds like it is just pissing air from somewhere. Car was kicking ass and taking names last week. This is something new.

Got any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting?

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Zero codes thrown- I'm going to chew through that link you posted later today.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think one of your vacuum lines somewhere is split, or a coupler is loose. You wouldn't hear a whistling or whooshing noise of any kind if there was no boost leak

OP
C
Thread Starter #7
All better!
I fat fingered one of the quick disconnects on the intake manifold post radiator install. Looked okay at a glance, but it was not latched. Doh!

Now the Fiesta is back to being festive.

Attachments

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Ill definitely check mine tonight. May as well given what it went through.

Thanks for pointing that out - I've had some lacking boost since installing my catch can, and I looked at the hose connections in the picture above. One of the clasping mishimoto connectors on the end was on wrong, I had to twist it to latch correctly. I suppose I'll see if it's better tomorrow.