Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

O2 sensor replacement

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I'm nearing 100k and I've noticed people recommend replacing the O2 sensors at 75k. Oops. Anyway, I'm not sure where they are located on the car. Does anyone have a video showing how to/where to install them?

So I'm nearing 100k and I've noticed people recommend replacing the O2 sensors at 75k. Oops. Anyway, I'm not sure where they are located on the car. Does anyone have a video showing how to/where to install them?
Oh shit.. I'm over 112000km now.. I'd like to know also..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Both can be easily accessed from under the car....upstream is before the catalytic converter in the Dp and the downstream is after the catalytic converter. Get an O2 sensor socket also....dont use a normal socket....its the garage hack way that can damage o2 sensor wires. Buy the sensors from Rock Auto* not a parts store..Buy Motorocraft or Denso...save a nice amount of coin also.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
Both can be easily accessed from under the car....upstream is before the catalytic converter in the Dp and the downstream is after the catalytic converter. Get an O2 sensor socket also....dont use a normal socket....its the garage hack way that can damage o2 sensor wires. Buy the sensors from Rock Auto* not a parts store..Buy Motorocraft or Denso...save a nice amount of coin also.

Thanks TyphoonFiST!

I just got a P0137 CEL, so looks like I will be doing this at 50k instead of 75k.

@Salty_FiST

Premium Account
Active Duty U.S. Air Force

What size O2 sensor socket is needed?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

@Salty_FiST

Premium Account
Good, and good luck!

I had a really hard time trying to remove the downstream sensor as it was seized.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What size O2 sensor socket is needed?

Get this one.....The other chrome style sockets will start to bend and strip where the o2 wiring comes through if you really reef on a stuck Sensor. i suggest getting an hardened impact style one as they hold up better and last longer.
Amazon.com: 10Pcs O2 Sensor Socket-Oxygen Sensor Socket Removal Tool with 10mm/3/8in Square Hole and 22mm/7.8in 6 Point Socket, Oil Pressure Sending Unit Drive Impact Socket Adapter : Tools & Home Improvement

Last edited:
So I'm not clued up here, why not use a spanner to open the sensor

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I don't know about South Africa, but corrosion on exhaust bits can be exceedingly bad here in the United States. Having more of the bolt head engaged keeps it from rounding off. If you had a 22mm line wrench that would work too. I can't remember but I don't think a box end wrench clears over the plastic connector, but if you were committed to the sensor replacement you could cut the harness off and use a box end or normal deep socket.

@Salty_FiST

Premium Account
Get this one.....The other chrome style sockets will start to bend and strip where the o2 wiring comes through if you really reef on a stuck Sensor. i suggest getting an hardened impact style one as thye hold up better and last longer.
Amazon.com: 10Pcs O2 Sensor Socket-Oxygen Sensor Socket Removal Tool with 10mm/3/8in Square Hole and 22mm/7.8in 6 Point Socket, Oil Pressure Sending Unit Drive Impact Socket Adapter : Tools & Home Improvement
Already got the one I linked of Amazon and YouTube. I'll check it out though!

Alicepl

Hello, I have a Fiesta USA but not an ST, I am looking for the cause of the P0137 code, please tell me which sensor to replace? Can I get the product code? I read that you need a cap to unscrew it. I had the catalytic converter and probes replaced. The problem is still there. Where else can I look for the cause? In Poland, mechanics cannot find the cause...

Ford Community Posts