Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

OAR Dropped During 4th Gear WOT

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I was taking logs for my 93 tune. The OAR was -1 throughout a whole 3rd gear log. On my way back I went WOT in 4th and noticed afterwards that my OAR dropped to -0.92. As I cruised around they came back up to -1.00. Any of you seen this before?

I've seen it happen once during a data logging session. I dropped to -0.95, I don't know why it happened but I reset it and the value went back to -1.00. My guess is the fuel was bad for an instant or maybe older fuel mixed with newer fuel.

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
I'd be interested in seeing charge temps. If you have a marginal intercooler you could be getting knock as it heat soaks through the pull.
My charge temps started at 97* and ended at 98.4* when I let off. I have the whoosh V3 intercooler. My temps used to spike up to +20* more on the stock intercooler.

My charge temps started at 97* and ended at 98.4* when I let off. I have the whoosh V3 intercooler. My temps used to spike up to +20* more on the stock intercooler.
Interesting. Its good to see that the v3 is keeping up good in your circumstance though. I guess the other thing is to compare your overall ign timing, boost and load vs in third gear. If you had only been sending your tuner 3rd gear logs you might need to send him some fourth gears logs. I don't know how many times I've seen peeps blow up their car when they are fully loaded doing highway pulls in fourth gear. The good news is it quickly went back to -1. Some of the more aggressive tuners basically sit closer to the threshold of knock and let the ECU do its thing.

Also, i apologize for mentioning charge temps. I didn't look at your part list. Was looking at your name and had 3076 on the mind. I was thinking that v3 is a little undersized haha.

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Interesting. Its good to see that the v3 is keeping up good in your circumstance though. I guess the other thing is to compare your overall ign timing, boost and load vs in third gear. If you had only been sending your tuner 3rd gear logs you might need to send him some fourth gears logs. I don't know how many times I've seen peeps blow up their car when they are fully loaded doing highway pulls in fourth gear. The good news is it quickly went back to -1. Some of the more aggressive tuners basically sit closer to the threshold of knock and let the ECU do its thing.

Also, i apologize for mentioning charge temps. I didn't look at your part list. Was looking at your name and had 3076 on the mind. I was thinking that v3 is a little undersized haha.
Oh, my bad. Yeah, that was the turbo I ran on my Mazdaspeed 3. I'd argue that was oversized for a daily, it was pretty laggy down low but pulled crazy up high. I should've gone with the GTX3071. I did hurt a lot of feelings with that car, though.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Oh, my bad. Yeah, that was the turbo I ran on my Mazdaspeed 3. I'd argue that was oversized for a daily, it was pretty laggy down low but pulled crazy up high. I should've gone with the GTX3071. I did hurt a lot of feelings with that car, though.
Man I miss my speed6. I bet that was a blast with a 3071

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Tuner said I was knocking bad, dialed it back. I hate 93 tunes, I only run them when I absolutely have to so I don't really care how much power I make on it. I want to skip to the part where I run ethanol.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was taking logs for my 93 tune. The OAR was -1 throughout a whole 3rd gear log. On my way back I went WOT in 4th and noticed afterwards that my OAR dropped to -0.92. As I cruised around they came back up to -1.00. Any of you seen this before?
i have had this happen also from time to time and while im slowing down and turning or starting from a stop it goes right back to -1.00* after i blip the throttle or start to accelerate again[thankyou]