Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Odd creaking/squeaking sound

Hey all,

2017 FiST with 3200 miles on it and I suddenly have an odd creaking or squeaking (rubbery?) type sound that is tough to pinpoint where it's coming from.

What I do know is how to reproduce it and it happens during any of the following:
  • Pulling out in first gear as the clutch engages
  • Coming to a stop, right before the stop, creak
It sounds rubbery and is impossible to catch in a video due to the loudness of my car.

Here's a kicker - I just had PPF installed on my whole hood, front bumper, front fenders, mirrors, front roof line, and A-pillars. Is it AT ALL possible that maybe the headlights are squeaking against the PPF? They're just barely touching the PPF on the bumper, but do hug the front bumper pretty tight.

The only motor mount I have is a brand new Whoosh street-spec hybrid with orange bushings. I just removed and reinstalled it today with proper torque and torque order, and the noise persists.

Any ideas?

OP
blongo804
Thread Starter #3
I'd guess motor mounts
At only 3200 miles? :eek:

I mean I'd be fine if one or both upper mounts are on their way out since they're being replaced anyway, but dang that would be something if either was ready to kick the bucket.

AmeliaM

Did you ever resolve this? My car is making a similar noise. It’s when I pull away and change gear at low speeds and go over speed bumps. I’ve got no mods on it and it’s done a lot of miles. Took it to the garage and they said they had seen another ST with the same noise. They replaced the engine mount but it didn’t resolve it so they sent it to Ford.

Sam4

The struts do move. The top hats/mounts are (flimsy pieces of shit) 'articulated' and do have roller bearings (designed by Fred Flintstone)....it could be that whole environment moving. Or as simple as the noisy poly bushings on the motor mount.