Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Odd mpg & boost limit issue

2015, 35k miles, Stage 3, e-tuned, zero issues since new. My weekly driving route rarely varies and my driving style is always the same/sane.

I used to run a 93 tune, max boost psi 24.5ish & avg 31mpg in mixed driving

I currently am running a 91 tune, max boost 24.5ish & avg 32 in mixed driving. Low boost slot limits boost to 10ish boost psi.

Every once in a while my boost is capped at 15.5ish psi and subsequently my mpg falls to around 17mpg. Cycling between slots doesn't correct the issue nor does restarting the engine. No boost leaks or any other issue to be discovered.

Any thought? TIA

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Hey,

I would start by asking your tuner, as a diy, you could try and uninstall and reinstall your AP? Just a thought, as I ran into the same issue and thought I had a boost leak but couldn't find one. Ended up being the re/re for the AP.

Sent from my CIA monitored device

OP
eleven
Thread Starter #3
Hey,

I would start by asking your tuner, as a diy, you could try and uninstall and reinstall your AP? Just a thought, as I ran into the same issue and thought I had a boost leak but couldn't find one. Ended up being the re/re for the AP.

Thanks for the feedback. What is a "re/re"?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Ahhh gotcha! I unmarried and then remarried the AP and I have full boost at the moment.
Well hopefully you just had the same issue I was having, mine has been fine since I did the re/re. Iirc, you have the x37+FBO?

OP
eleven
Thread Starter #8
Well hopefully you just had the same issue I was having, mine has been fine since I did the re/re. Iirc, you have the x37+FBO?

No, I have yet to upgrade the turbo.

OP
eleven
Thread Starter #9
Bumping this again as it's happening again. This time on my 93 tune. I'm not sure if it's the AP3 or a mechanical issue. No other issues or clues as to why this happening. Surely I'm not the only one.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Get logs of it while it's happening and send it to your tuner. It doesn't matter who the tuner is, if you're experiencing an issue nothing can be done if no one can see it while it's happening.