Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

WTB OEM Steering Wheel (Good Condition)

Trader history for XanRules (0)

Hello!

The leather has started wearing off my steering wheel after only 28k miles. Ford will not cover it under warranty and a new one is $500 from Ford. Figured I'd ask if anyone had one laying around they'd let go for cheap before I went the Steering Wheel Cover route. I do not need the buttons or airbag, JUST the wheel itself.

Thanks!

Go back to the dealer and tell them if they don't cover it under bumper to bumber that you will contact Ford management and report them for not supporting warranty services.. They covered my steering wheel flaking under warranty at 34555 miles. As long as you are under the 3yr 36K it is covered

OP
XanRules
Thread Starter #4
Go back to the dealer and tell them if they don't cover it under bumper to bumber that you will contact Ford management and report them for not supporting warranty services.. They covered my steering wheel flaking under warranty at 34555 miles. As long as you are under the 3yr 36K it is covered
Hmm. I'll give it a shot at a different dealer. One told me not to bother because he'd never seen it covered, and one is just notoriously shitty. There's three dealerships locally, though, leaving one I haven't tried. And technically I'm still in my warranty period for another month! ;)

Local, but more than I am hoping to spend. Thanks for the heads up, though!

Unless there is an outside influence (Chemical or some kind of out and out abuse) leather delamination should be covered as long as you are under the 3/36000 basic factory warranty. Some dealers are required to do a digital image case wherein they send photos up to Dearborn for approval. So as long as there are no obvious abuse issues, they should cover the replacement.