Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil Pan Leak?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Bring it to the dealer for powertrain warranty * that goes to 5 years and 60k*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

slopoke

You don't have any runs. I would just clean the area with a cleaner of your choice, paying particular attention around the oil filter, cooler assy. It looks as if oil from a filter change probably dripped down and followed the seam causing the staining. Now, if there were runs, with drips, then it's a concern.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you find the cause on this one? My pan looks similar albeit somewhat worse. Rear main and I would be real upset. think oil air separator sits above this so want to check that and maybe cooler
Who does your oil changes?

Who does your oil changes?

I do them. would have noticed if it was after oil change. I Wipe the cooler down with a rag. don’t see oil would get on that lip unless you dumped the filter on the other side of the oil cooler. Could also be where oil cooler mounts . Gonna spray down with brake clean and wipe area and try and locate the source. Initial thought was oil pan seal

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I do them. would have noticed if it was after oil change. I Wipe the cooler down with a rag. don’t see oil would get on that lip unless you dumped the filter on the other side of the oil cooler. Could also be where oil cooler mounts . Gonna spray down with brake clean and wipe area and try and locate the source. Initial thought was oil pan seal
Could be the breather from the Manual Transmission also*

Glooba

I had the exact same leak in my pan. I was able to remove it, scrape off the old RTV, apply a new bead and re-install the pan to fix it. It was not the rear main seal, best I could figure is at assembly got the bead of RTV too close to that circular cutout in the cast pan and over time the reduced width of the RTV bead stops sealing.