Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Oil pressure

Hi there

I would like to install oil pressure gauge I just want to make sure if everything I sourced would be enough

Oil pressure gauge
Oil adapter plate ( using original oil filter)
New oil
New filter

Do I need anything else? Btw car does not have any gauges at all I would like to start with oil pressure as it seems to be heart of the engine 🫣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi there

I would like to install oil pressure gauge I just want to make sure if everything I sourced would be enough

Oil pressure gauge
Oil adapter plate ( using original oil filter)
New oil
New filter

Do I need anything else? Btw car does not have any gauges at all I would like to start with oil pressure as it seems to be heart of the engine 🫣

Why?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
Are you modding?

Already running stage 2 and every older cars had oil pressure gauge after 80s they stopped it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Already running stage 2 and every older cars had oil pressure gauge after 80s they stopped it.

So stock Turbo....is what your saying* with some minor bolt ons. Do you have an Cobb Accessport/AP3?

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
So stock Turbo....is what your saying* with some minor bolt ons. Do you have an Cobb Accessport/AP3?

Stock turbo stage 3 intercooler
Updated hot side air filter
Oil catch can
Baffled sum
Short shifter

Not a massive spec running max d stage 2

No I don’t. But cob doesn’t let me see oil pressure does it? Nor oil temp? Not sure [emoji848]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Are you in the U.s.? If so there are better things to spend your monies on than another gauge to get anxious over. Like a front lower Two point brace to start. That will single handedly change the handling dynamics and awe you for under or around the price of an oil gauge. These cars don't have OIL starvation issues with the oil pumps or anything. A Cobb AP3 does oil Temp only FYI. If you are overseas an AP3 is for N.A. FiSTs.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Are you in the U.s.? If so there are better things to spend your monies on than another gauge to get anxious over. Like a front lower Two point brace to start. That will single handedly change the handling dynamics and awe you for under or around the price of an oil gauge. These cars don't have OIL starvation issues with the oil pumps or anything. A Cobb AP3 does oil Temp only FYI. If you are overseas an AP3 is for N.A. FiSTs.

No sir I’m in UK.

What do you see weak points of these cars

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
79k mileage

Nice color choice....Mines the same color also! The Transmissions are a weak link in these No matter where the car is at in the world. Between the plastic caged differential side bearings to the slave Cylinders. But in your case your chances of issues are small with stock power like output. Don't loose sleep over it on Stock power levels. It's when you approach the 300- 350whp club is where it can pose an issue. So back to what you should do is a 2 point brace like whooshs or 4 point brace by SWAVE. I have a 2 point on currently and a swave waiting to go on. The way it changed the handling is night and day. It ties the whole entire front end together. So....for things to get is this.

https://www.aetmotorsport.com/produ...t-lower-4-point-subframe-brace-ford-fiesta-st

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...nt-trac-bar-2014-2019-fiesta-st-free-shipping

Something Like whoosh design but from UK swave didn't look like they offer one. It's just a 2 point vs a 4 point like the orange swave I linked you.

Last edited:
OP
S
Thread Starter #13
Nice color choice....Mines the same color also! The Transmissions are a weak link in these No matter where the car is at in the world. Between the plastic caged differential side bearings to the slave Cylinders. But in your case your chances of issues are small with stock power like output. Don't loose sleep over it on Stock power levels. It's when you approach the 300- 350whp club is where it can pose an issue. So back to what you should do is a 2 point brace like whooshs or 4 point brace by SWAVE. I have a 2 point on currently and a swave waiting to go on. The way it changed the handling is night and day. It ties the whole entire front end together. So....for things to get is this.

https://www.aetmotorsport.com/produ...t-lower-4-point-subframe-brace-ford-fiesta-st

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...nt-trac-bar-2014-2019-fiesta-st-free-shipping

Something Like whoosh design but from UK swave didn't look like they offer one. It's just a 2 point vs a 4 point like the orange swave I linked you.

Agreed. Oh wow! Thank you! Great write up I appreciate for your time sir! I will look into it now.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Agreed. Oh wow! Thank you! Great write up I appreciate for your time sir! I will look into it now.

The oil pressure gauge IMO could lead you down the anxious oil pressure rabbit hole. Where there is no need to worry. It's not an issue for the FiSTs. Plus it just would create another potential leak point for the oil to find its way out. You don't want that do you? I know I don't!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
BTW....I'm BT Gen2 GTX2860R....Clarke Trans. with Stratified 4 port Aux fuel and on E50 with 340ish whp. I never thought id be where I am at either....But here I am. Good luck and enjoy the FiST. If you do get a 2 or 4 point Bar....chime in with your opinion. Oh also you could change out your Trans fluid with say Ravenol MTF2 75w80 or MTF-3 75W Straigt weight or something comparable that meets Fomoco spec.It will change the feel of the shifting through gears.