Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ok guys, hold my hand, im going with an AP and probably e30 tune ! (any advice?) -

So i have a few e85 pumps nearby (within 10m) and i've been reading up on old threads here. Somebody in an old thread said a FIST e30 tune is supposed to outdo a stock FOST, and of course they are a bit heavier but also have 255bhp. Tons of others saying they love it. I was originally not inclined to mess with gas mixing but the more i thought about it, the more it isn't a big deal. Since im limited on the extent of my power mods, this seemed to be a good idea.

So i will be ordering my AP tonight, should be here this coming monday assuming nothing changes. It's used and doesn't say if it has any tunes on the device (of course says unmarried) so i will assume i'll have to use OTS tunes for now till i find the next step. So, what do i have to do for an e30 tune? Is that custom only or are there AP canned or OTS tunes for e30?

I will be furiously reading old threads as i go but anything you guys feel like adding is appreciated.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So I guess the whole chip deal went out the window? Anyways E30 tunes are not stock on the AP from Cobb now its possible their is a custom E30 tune on the unit that the person you are purchasing it from left on there.
As far as the tune itself goes basically you need about 3 gallons of E85 mixed with the premium you normally buy to get the ratio. There are also meters available that will tell you if your ratio is correct and there is also gas testers to make sure you are getting true E85 as some E85 is not consistent.

Spork1569

So i have a few e85 pumps nearby (within 10m) and i've been reading up on old threads here. Somebody in an old thread said a FIST e30 tune is supposed to outdo a stock FOST, and of course they are a bit heavier but also have 255bhp. Tons of others saying they love it. I was originally not inclined to mess with gas mixing but the more i thought about it, the more it isn't a big deal. Since im limited on the extent of my power mods, this seemed to be a good idea.

So i will be ordering my AP tonight, should be here this coming monday assuming nothing changes. It's used and doesn't say if it has any tunes on the device (of course says unmarried) so i will assume i'll have to use OTS tunes for now till i find the next step. So, what do i have to do for an e30 tune? Is that custom only or are there AP canned or OTS tunes for e30?

I will be furiously reading old threads as i go but anything you guys feel like adding is appreciated.
There's canned E-30 tunes from tuners like stratified and dizzy. For stratified you would purchase just a flash tune and add it on as an option, while dizzy has a seperate tune for each gas type. Have heard great things about both but if you want smoothness go with dizzy, if you want mule kicks of torque go with stratified.

I plan on getting the dizzy tune sometime soon myself as I have his 91 octane stage 1 and like it for a DD.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
The AP here is a pretty great deal for what you get. I got mine with the mount as well for $390, but I only got one stratified tune, and it wasn't for E30. If you get this down to ~$400 that would be your best bet IMO. Of course custom tunes like this are designed to work with specific mods, so ask the seller about the tunes before you buy it ofc.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Make sure your ethanol is good quality. Do not just fill 30% E85 and go. Not all ethanol gas is created equal. You can mess up your car if you run an e30 tune but the mix is really lower. I have a video somewhere I’ll try to dig it up.

Here it is....different turbo but same ideas:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XfkIL14LiaY

HBEcoBeaST

You will be very happy on E30. Any of the canned tunes are 👌🏽 stratified is more aggressive down low but overall the power output between tuners is negligible. There's some built in buffer space in the tunes if you don't get your ethanol blend perfect

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Yep definitely want to test to see what the station is actually getting. Were I live the only gas stations that have E85 is Sheetz.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

You will be very happy on E30. Any of the canned tunes are 👌🏽 stratified is more aggressive down low but overall the power output between tuners is negligible. There's some built in buffer space in the tunes if you don't get your ethanol blend perfect
Don’t count on a buffer. They tune it based on octane.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Tell me I’m wrong but the standard for E85 now is an Ethanol content between 51% and 83%
That's consistent with what is posted on the pumps in California. I settled for the 91 tune even though I plan to run ~E30 because E85 is a little scarce in these parts and the potential variance between 51 and 83% is too much trouble (apologies to the run-on sentence police)

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #14
So I guess the whole chip deal went out the window? Anyways E30 tunes are not stock on the AP from Cobb now its possible their is a custom E30 tune on the unit that the person you are purchasing it from left on there.
As far as the tune itself goes basically you need about 3 gallons of E85 mixed with the premium you normally buy to get the ratio. There are also meters available that will tell you if your ratio is correct and there is also gas testers to make sure you are getting true E85 as some E85 is not consistent.
LOL well i had considered the GTS chip which was $450. It's a simple thing, easy to install, but i wasn't convinced i'd be happy with the power, while reading about the e30 tunes did.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
If you are mixing it with 93 you don't have to be exact E25 would probably be just fine, and so would E35.
Plenty of great calculators out there to help you mix, and it will also tell you what octane you're getting as a result.

The higher the octane the more timing advance. If the tune is based on E30 and it doesn’t test at E30, E50 etc pre-ignition and detonation are waiting to ruin your day and your engine 🎲

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The higher the octane the more timing advance. If the tune is based on E30 and it doesn’t test at E30, E50 etc pre-ignition and detonation are waiting to ruin your day and your engine [emoji456]
It's not solely based on octane because the vast majority of the people on this site only have access to 91. E30 mixed with 91 is not the same as E30 mixed with 93. Ethanol also has other advantages it burns at different temperatures and so on.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #19
If you are mixing it with 93 you don't have to be exact E25 would probably be just fine, and so would E35.
Plenty of great calculators out there to help you mix, and it will also tell you what octane you're getting as a result.

That's something im gonna have to work the numbers for. So i just ordered my AP 2 mins ago from Ebay, will be here monday it says. And today i went to one of the Rhodes that sells e85 but they only offer 91 octane otherwise, while i've been using 93 since i bought my car. So, i can either find another e85 pump that also has 93, or just make two stops per fill up lol.