Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Okay so it’s not the clutch master

I was driving on the highway and all of a sudden my clutch pedal hit the floor and would not come up. As I pulled it up with my foot immediately and attempted to shift into 4th. The egg would not push anymore and it would only rev. My initial thought was the master clutch went. I just replaced it now and have yet to jack the car up yet to bleed the system and fill. I wanted to check if it would go into gear and still nothing. Just turns on and the shifter goes into each gear and does not move the car. It only revs. Is it the slave for sure or could the cable be an issue? There was fluid all over the clutch master rubber grommets that came on the original cylinder.

Attachments

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can you even shift the transmission with the car running? I can't watch the video because apparently Microsoft wants to charge me $2 for new codecs.

haste

1000 Post Club
You just replaced the clutch master cylinder but haven't bled the system and are wondering if the problem could be somewhere else?

I think you need to bleed it first...

I'm also a little confused by your post. Are you saying you can shift the transmission into gear while the car is running? What about reverse? Do the reverse lights come on?

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
You just replaced the clutch master cylinder but haven't bled the system and are wondering if the problem could be somewhere else?

I think you need to bleed it first...

I'm also a little confused by your post. Are you saying you can shift the transmission into gear while the car is running? What about reverse? Do the reverse lights come on?
Will do Lent my a family me never the jack so I haven’t lifted her yet. Will do so Saturday when I get it back

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
Can you even shift the transmission with the car running? I can't watch the video because apparently Microsoft wants to charge me $2 for new codecs.
I can shift and I believe the car turns on because the sensor detects the clutch. There’s just absolutely no pressure. I checked the level and it still has fluid. I’ll bleed the system for now and give an update. I was wondering if anyone experienced similar issues

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Ita very possible the slave gave out and got stuck in the disengaged position. Might want to check over the clutch components as well since youll have to drop the transmission.

I was driving on the highway and all of a sudden my clutch pedal hit the floor and would not come up. As I pulled it up with my foot immediately and attempted to shift into 4th. The egg would not push anymore and it would only rev. My initial thought was the master clutch went. I just replaced it now and have yet to jack the car up yet to bleed the system and fill. I wanted to check if it would go into gear and still nothing. Just turns on and the shifter goes into each gear and does not move the car. It only revs. Is it the slave for sure or could the cable be an issue? There was fluid all over the clutch master rubber grommets that came on the original cylinder.
If you find out it is the slave, report your mileage in the thread under the drivetrain thread for slave cylinders etc, as well as any damage such as the clutch disc being soaked with fluid etc. Some believe the slave cylinder failure not a Fiesta ST issue, some do, so just report what you find and the expense, thanks.

OP
M
Thread Starter #11
Okay quick update ladies and gentlemen. I managed to bleed the system. Mind you I also replaced the hydraulic metal hose that connects to the clutch master. The rubber tip on it somehow was missing allowing fluid to spew out of the engine end.
I bled it the old fashioned way by loosening the bleeder nipple and utilizing my hand to pull and Push the clutch pedal.

however, I can’t finish checking my work because now she won’t start. At first it was the clutch sensor wasn’t on right. I fixed that. Then it would crank and not turn over. Saw a bad fuse for the ignition coils and I changed it. Fuel pump relay looked like it was in bad shape so I changed that got a new one from Ford.

car is not cranking and it has a brand new battery. Before the clutch issue she would start right up and no issues and now it seems like I’m forced to take it in to the dealer. Only 53k miles smh

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Clutch safety switch isnt engaging. Car thinks its in gear and wont crank. Check that out before heading to dealer. ( mine is touchy AF and will give me a no start if i dont have the pedal ALL the way down on it.

Look for any missed sensors under the hood as well.

I watched the video and feel it's something else. Seems strange the forum missed this, it's not the place it used to be. It looks like the car was running, the clutch was stuck down and the car was in gear. If the shifter is in gear and the car is running and sitting, then the clutch is not engaged. The pressure plate requires force to be held down and no foot was on the clutch. The car can't hold the pressure plate down can it? This leads me to think clutch failure. If a master or slave goes out, the car can't go into gear while running. You have the opposite problem.

Also, the clutch pedal has two springs. A helper I believe and a return spring. I've heard of people removing the helper and it's strong. Could the return spring being broken result in the helper spring pushing the pedal down?

I would inspect the clutch pedal springs AND ALL THE PEDAL SENSORS down there. If the springs are good, I suspect clutch/pressure plate failure. Take it easy on the car, go slow and don't throw parts at it. So far, this has only gotten worse. Maybe the dealer$hip is the best place for the car now.

OP
M
Thread Starter #14
So got the clutch pedal coming back to me now. It’s not turning over and I’ve heard that when you disconnect the ecu you might have to get Ford to reprogram? Is this true.

-No spark at the coils and all coils were tested and they are fine
-After too many tries car doesn’t even crank smh
-Flashed to stock and retuned and still nothing

Attachments

PunkST

2000 Post Club
The clutch sensor is always a picky one. Had the same problem on my svtf. I ended up just jumping the connector with wire. It gets picky on my FiST as well. But not nearly as bad.

So did bleeding it work then? I am lost. I am mid process right now with the master cylinder. I was sent the wrong one and then reassembling I lost or broke both hydraulic line clips, waiting for all the parts now.