Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

On the Fence (Mountune FMIC)

I have a gen 1 Mountune FMIC that was removed from my 15. Looks to be in decent shape except for some paint starting to bubble. I live in Ohio where we get some heat in the summer, but noticed humidity hinders cooling even if temps are not super high. My goals for the car are a Strat 93 or E30 or both. It will see no track time and is a daily driver. The cooler has a 15k miles and I am fairly poor (purchasing a new one). I checked the inside and it seems fairly "dry" from oil residue. I have always run a catch can. Was hoping for a little guidance. Thanks....

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I have a gen 1 Mountune FMIC that was removed from my 15. Looks to be in decent shape except for some paint starting to bubble. I live in Ohio where we get some heat in the summer, but noticed humidity hinders cooling even if temps are not super high. My goals for the car are a Strat 93 or E30 or both. It will see no track time and is a daily driver. The cooler has a 15k miles and I am fairly poor (purchasing a new one). I checked the inside and it seems fairly "dry" from oil residue. I have always run a catch can. Was hoping for a little guidance. Thanks....
My own opinion is if all your doing is tunes you could probably run that Mountune Intercooler adn be fine . A mod is running a stage 3 tune here in Southern Cal with a Mountune Intercooler and no issues whatsover.

If you plan on a running a hybrid or bigger Turbo? Then you would want to swap out to a larger/different cooler.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I would go for it. You can always monitor your charge temps to see if you start running into issues with high heat.

Yeah. You are fine. I am turbo swapped with a generic fit Mishimoto J-Line Intercooler I picked up for about $130 on ebay. On the stock turbo, any aftermarket intercooler will do you well.

In principle, I am running the super-budget-DIY option but it works for ~300 HP. At 350+ though, this thing would be junk. Now of course I would like nice Deadhook-style full frontal intercooler that can support 500 HP in Death Valley, but I put mine together for about $250 when it was all said and done...and I don't see myself putting out 350+ HP anytime soon unless I add nitrous-juice to a wet shot of methanol. Now for the universal fit intercooler: it's heavy, it's inefficent, but it was cheap.

There is always something to be said about going cheap if it works out in the end. Don't sweat the small theoretical gains, keep the parts you have.

me32

1000 Post Club
Why would you buy another one if your on a budget. Theres nothing wrong with the gen one. Its much better than stock. If your looking for the best options out there then CPE and ATP make some of the best intercoolers but they arent cheap.

OP
Jking
Thread Starter #10
Thanks guys got it installed and the Strat 93 (v4) tune. Both are working very well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk