Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

One silly thing is making me so livid about this car!

I have tried putting my window down a few times now and every time, even if there's no wind, the amount of air rushing into the car is ridiculous. I've tried putting only the driver side down and I've also tried putting both front windows down. Nothing remedies the problem. It's very harsh. It's hard to explain without sounding like an idiot haha

I feel like it could be due to the ridiculous side mirror design and/or placement?

I hate to be complaining about such a wonderful car and over something that seems so insignificant but it's a very important aspect to driving for me!

Does anyone else experience this?

Zormecteon

My peeve is that the dash lights only turn down so low. I want them all but off.

Put the back window down on the same side. It greatly reduces the amount of wind in the front.
This. I always put the back window down the same amount as the front. Keeps it from feeling like someone is shooting a hair dryer in my ear.
Amen to both of these. Ten months of driving the car before I figured this one out.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Or tip open Moonroof and open fresh air vents......main reason I wanted the moonroof. Use fan to boost flow if needed. Low noise/high airflow.

A very nice benefit of having a sunroof. I also find that cracking the right front window an inch or two will alleviate the booming. It's a common, annoying aerodynamic anomaly on newer cars. The worst I've seen is most minivans. Leave the front windows up, roll the rear side door windows down, and you can almost blow the windows out of one above 80 mph. Dodge/Chrysler is my favorite. I just completed a long road trip with coworkers in a rented Caravan. We were doing about 80, and the guys in the rear seat were whining. I told 'em to shut up or I'd give them something to whine about. When they started kicking the back of my seat, I locked out the windows to kill their window switches, rolled the rear side windows all the way, and when their ears started bleeding and they were crying for mercy, I rolled them back up. No more whining.

OP
Typical Tom
Thread Starter #13
Thanks everyone!! I'll definitely try lowering the driver's side rear the same amount. Luckily there was no wind and mid 80's today so I had all the windows down and it was very enjoyable (not surprised).

I leave my windows up because of this. It's terrible in these cars. I'm considering weather tech rain shields. They've helped in previous cars I've owned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
If you end up getting them, I'd be interested to see them installed and to know how they work out for you!

I also find the buffeting to be too much. I find it's bearable if I crack the front passenger window one inch.

GAbOS

Coming on all cars. If you don't have any way for the air to escape, the cabin stays pressurized and will cause the buffeting. You have to crack a rear window.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

OP
Typical Tom
Thread Starter #18
Tried matching with the rear windows and it definitely makes it much more tolerable! Almost non existent.

I also have rain guards I bought from Ford when I got the car. Haven't put them on yet though. I was also thinking they could help.