Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Outside mirrors issues

Hey everyone. Recently I was backing into my garage and hit my right side mirror and pushed it forward. When I parkedI saw that it had a gap underneath it. So I took it apart and nothing appeared broken. However, there is a little black plastic cap that sits on one of the mounts on the inside of the mirror assembly and it looked kind of chewed up. So to be sure nothing was broken I took apart the driver side and it looks identical to the passenger side. And that little black piece also was damaged on the driver side and to the best of my knowledge it has not been disassembled. I cannot for the life of me get these things to tighten up without gaps. It doesn’t rain that much here in Arizona but water can still get in there when I wash it and start rusting stuff and causing other problems inside the door panels. I tried to look for a part number for that little black plastic piece and so far no dice. Any suggestions on remedying this would be greatly appreciated. I’m half tempted to go to the dealer and see if there’s someway I can get it repaired under warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
You bent the door.
Remove the door panel (card) then remove the mirror.
With a hammer carefully push in the door metal where the mirror mounts.
Only hit where the mirror mounts so as not damage the paint that can be seen.

As for the little plastic part, I believe you are referring to the mirror cap lock.
A picture would be best to make sure.
This part is not needed, I left mine off for years.

Sam4

I had a mirror to mirror "incident" with another driver, and cannot get the micro-tremers out of the mirror. I've pulled it, easy to do, and to no avail. I think it has a break away design so it doesn't "bend the door", and like so many other parts on this car ( I do love it) are cheap pieces o' shit. It's just another buy a new one and replace it part. Disagree? Talk to me about your rear motor mount. Anyone still on an original??

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Don't feel bad, I also hit my right side mirror backing into my garage. It was almost fixable but not quite, I ended up getting a new one and having it put on in a body shop. They did reuse the body colored cap because they said the new one comes unpainted, and that would let them skip the painting step.