Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Overheating and check engine lights on v

I have a 2014 fiesta st. The overheating and. Check engine lights came on. What could this be. I’m new to cars this is my first project car. I’m calling Ford Monday for recalls

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Fiesta ST in Mesa AZ in June? You will probably need to upgrade your radiator or at least switch to distilled water and Water Wetter.

No the coolant sensor hasn’t been fixed would this cause check engine and overheating lights to come on. My car also doesn’t rev
The recall adds a coolant level sensor to alert you if the coolant level was low. There wasn't a coolant sensor installed. Ford's theory was/is that low coolant caused the overheating issues leading to cracked heads.

I won't say all, but many Fiesta STs, have cooling issues. I live in GA and mine would overheat in high ambient temps and would overheat on the track even at 50 degrees F. The earlier build cars had head gasket issues.

- Did you call Ford today and verify it has an open Recall? Schedule an appointment and take it in.

- What do you mean "my car also doesn't rev"?

- Is it throwing the overheating symbol at start up? Does it show the check engine light immediately?

Get the Mountune and never worry again.
are you suggesting a radiator replacement solves the issue. This summer, I have been driving it hard in 103 temps watching the temp lights going up. I just shut down the Ac, crank up the heater and lower the windows, it will eventually cool down, unless you get stuck on that highway thru Waco... then you are screwed.

are you suggesting a radiator replacement solves the issue. This summer, I have been driving it hard in 103 temps watching the temp lights going up. I just shut down the Ac, crank up the heater and lower the windows, it will eventually cool down, unless you get stuck on that highway thru Waco... then you are screwed.
Yes. That’s exactly what’s being said.

TemecFist

Yep, that's exactly what I'm suggesting. I can sit in 110* traffic in LA, or pull up long hills with the a/c on, and never worry about it overheating.

SrsBsns

No the coolant sensor hasn’t been fixed would this cause check engine and overheating lights to come on. My car also doesn’t rev
That's limp mode. The ecu enables it to try to prevent you from doing damage to the motor.

I highly recommend upgrading the radiator. I have the Mountune and recommend it because of its size and ease of install, but the Mishimoto also seems to do the job just as well... just a little more involved to install.

I would also recommend checking and replacing the hose that connects the reservoir to the back of the block as this is a component that's likely to go bad, especially on the '14s and '15s.