Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P0035 Turbo Charger Bypass Valve Control Circuit High

So, I was driving down the road. The cruise was set to 55 and I hit a fair size hump in the road. The cruise shut off and for a second a yellow light (possibly check engine) came on. It went away, I set the cruise back to 55 and everything seemed fine. 1/2 mile later I head up a ramp and the car has very little power and is puttering and stuttering. I make my way up to a gas station and park. Inspecting the car there are no leaks or anything else aside from it just running like crap, same with under the hood. I shut the car off and check the CEL code on my Accessport to see this code. I clear the code, but it comes right back on power up. However, the car starts fine and runs great, like it always has. It's been great for the last 200 miles. (Ride home, and to and from work yesterday and today.) The aftermarket blowoff valve the previous owner had installed works great.

As near as I can tell it's a Turbosmart BOV, but an older one, as the car's a 2016. I told my mechanic at work about this and asked that he take a look to see what he could. He took this picture. He said he cleaned what he could and thought that some how, some way water/vibration/that jolt from the bump could make it be throwing the code, because the code is still being thrown.

The current BOV has a rubber tube that snakes up to the MAF (MAP?) sensor thing, and 2 ports, one blocked in with thread sealant and one for the tube.

Thoughts?

New BOV? Can't just get the connector? Could it be something else?

Thanks for any help you can give. 20190806_162718.jpg 20190806_162712.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Or you could have a Tuner write it out if you have an AP3 with one of their Tunes.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Akumu
Thread Starter #3
Or you could have a Tuner write it out if you have an AP3 with one of their Tunes.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I think the previous owner's Accessport is a version 2. I do have a Dizzy stage 2 tune, but not sure that I want to just sweep the code under the rug if there's something wrong.

There's no CEL, just me knowing the code is there...

Gonna try a new dongle from Ron @ Whoosh. Perhaps the old one died? $40 and a few days later, and we'll see.

Last edited:

Spork1569

I think the previous owner's Accessport is a version 2. I do have a Dizzy stage 2 tune, but not sure that I want to just sweep the code under the rug if there's something wrong.

There's no CEL, just me knowing the code is there...

Gonna try a new dongle from Ron @ Whoosh. Perhaps the old one died? $40 and a few days later, and we'll see.
Having the same code go off today when I isntalled a Turbosmart ER Plumb Back VR2, at first I thought I put the connector backwards but tried it both ways and they both give the code, and only one way really feels right when pushed all the way in.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with the Turbosmart stuff?

OP
Akumu
Thread Starter #5
Having the same code go off today when I isntalled a Turbosmart ER Plumb Back VR2, at first I thought I put the connector backwards but tried it both ways and they both give the code, and only one way really feels right when pushed all the way in.

For me it was a faulty dongle on the BoV. Ordered a new on from Whoosh and all good since then. I think the large bump that I hit somehow damaged it? (It did have a hole in the shrink wrap. Perhaps water ingress? Even though the road wasn't wet.)

Thanks for reminding me how utterly useless this forum was for this particular question. :p:p (It was answered, and resolved on Facebook - Fiesta ST Nation.) I still like it here, though.

Last edited:

Yeah dude I currently have! The code is going off too