Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P2279 issues

ShanST3

Right lads help me out here
Recently bought a 2014 ST3 fiesta with MR230 mountune kit (car has all paper work) over a month ago. I bought the car private and was running great for about a week then the ‘Engine Service Now’ appeared and disappeared (quite sporadic) then up popped on my cob the p2279 code and the car was going into limp mode.
Took the car to the mechanic and he found the air filter wasn’t on correctly and neither was my exhaust manifold as bolts had come loose, all the air pipes were dirty? (Can’t remember but they looked stinking) as was the 02 and MAP sensor. He cleaned all them out but also found leaves and paper in the air box, so my car was an expensive Hoover by the looks of it.
Side note the car had no apparent vacuum leak and the mechanic checked the turbo which was fine.
But now the P2279 code has come back up, and back in limp mode any advice on what can be causing this? Or has someone had a similar issues?

SteveS

1000 Post Club
P2279 code definition

Intake Air System Leak

What the P2279 code means

P2279 is an OBD-II generic code for the engine control module (ECM) detecting a vacuum leak into the engine. This means that unmetered air is entering the engine without the engine sensing it going through the mass air flow sensor and throttle body.

What causes the P2279 code?

• The engine control module (ECM) calculates the amount of air going into the engine through the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) system. If the amount of air is more than expected then the Check Engine Light will come on and code P2279 is set.
  • The ECM learns the throttle opening angle and stores it in memory. If the throttle body is cleaned or adjusted without the throttle relearn process performed, then the code may be set.
  • The PCV valve or hose is leaking or cracked causing excess air to get into the engine unmetered.