Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P2282 engine code

Running a Cobb stage 3 and popped this code. Says there an air leak in the intake but everything’s tight. Only pops up every couple days. Anyone else get this?

P2282 is an OBD-II generic code for the engine control module (ECM) monitoring the vacuum in the intake manifold at idle. This code is triggered if excessive air is getting into the intake unmetered which indicates a vacuum leak.

Do you have a boost reference adapter for the turbosmart bov/plumb back or do you have a throttle body spacer or intake manifold spacer?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
W
Thread Starter #3
It’s a 2017. The turbosmart pov was a direct replacment and so was the intake. Nothing looked damaged. Just realized my map sensor was Loose in my intake so maybe that might solve it.

Interested as well my 2018 has been popping the same code.. running Mountune Stage 2 with most of they're bolt one not including any exhaust. I wonder if the whoosh conversion to the 2015 intake setup is the solution. Did you ever fix your issue?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Interested as well my 2018 has been popping the same code.. running Mountune Stage 2 with most of they're bolt one not including any exhaust. I wonder if the whoosh conversion to the 2015 intake setup is the solution. Did you ever fix your issue?
Might want to make a new thread to get views.
Easiest to check is make sure your intake tract is all tight.

It was my OCC drain petcock.. she was open causing the leak. But will do there is P04DB code i am still trying too solve

Right it was the leak in my catch can that was causing the leak between my intake and throttle body throwing the P2282. I am running the 16+ Mountune intake tube and filter. I emailed Randy from Mountune and he was saying that the P04DB code is normal for people running the PVC OCC or aftermarket intake setups. Mine really only come back on after I drive the shit out of it. As far as the P2282 it hasn't come back since I closed the drain valve.

Running into P2282 with strange behavior. Appears to be at low rpm / higher then average load (cruise control going up big hills is the only known trigger). I have 2J intake but otherwise stock induction system.

Does your intake match your cars year? Have you had the intake on for a while with no problems or did the light come come on right when you installed it?