Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P26B7 Bypass Valve

Hello,

Unfortunately, P26B7 has been popping up intermittently. Normally if I wiggle the connector and reset the code, it goes away for a while, but it seems this time it's here permanently.

P26B7
Engine Coolant Bypass Valve "C"
Control Circuit/Open

I've replaced this bypass valve twice, and I believe this is the one by the intake on the top right side of the engine; the shop manual doesn't specify which one is which. It appears the solenoid is normally in the closed position but does anyone know if the code is indicating that it's staying in the open position? If it's stuck open, I'll leave it until I make a plate to delete it, but if it's stuck closed, obviously, the car should not be driven. I would like to continue setting up the suspension and testing some new parts.

+Taken directly from the shop manual
-The coolant bypass solenoid valve is energized and opens when engine coolant reaches (158F) 70C and the engine load is greater than 70% or engine speed is greater than 4,000rpm. When the coolant bypass solenoid valve opens coolant is routed through a coolant between the engine block output and thermostat housing. The opening of this coolant circuit increases the coolant flow rate through the engine block which reduces cooling system pressure and temperature fluctuations in the engine block.

-Targeted actuation of the coolant bypass solenoid valve allows increased flow of coolant from the engine block to contact the thermostat element and allows an actual coolant temperature of between (194F) 90C and (212F) 100C to be set. During part throttle driving, fuel consumption depends heavily on coolant temperature. Closing of the coolant bypass solenoid valve makes it possible to drive with a higher coolant temperature during part throttle conditions.

I do not care at all about fuel consumption, and reducing temperature fluctuations in the engine block sounds great. On the track, I still have cooling issues even after upgrading my radiator + thermostat. Based on that, doing a delete sounds like an absolute no-brainer, if anyone else would be interested in a CNC machined delete kit, let me know. You will need an AP to delete the CEL Code, I don't plan on figuring something out to trick the PCM.

if anyone else would be interested in a CNC machined delete kit, let me know. You will need an AP to delete the CEL Code, I don't plan on figuring something out to trick the PCM.
Hi there. I am located in Athens Greece and have a project Fiesta MK7 Ti-VCT 2008 120ps car that i have converted to a stage 3 Fiesta ST180 ecoboost. I am using a standalone ECU. I have observed that in very hot days (40 degree celsius) my car overheats and trying to find a solution for it. I have the 82 degrees thermostat with a Direnza 40mm core uprated radiator and it seems that this is not enough. I have checked the cooling system and it is fine. After researching i found out that my standalone ECU and/or the car's BCM doesn't drive the coolant bypass valve so it is possible that the valve is remaining constantly closed which may lead to the overheat. As i cannot make the solenoid to work i would like to modify the valve housing so to remain constantly open. Did you manage to make a CNC delete kit for your car? If you have i am very interested in doing the same and would appreciate your assistance and input on that. My coolant bypass valve is the following:

1691829095959.png

Last edited: