Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P3 Cars Digital Vent Gauge (Boost +More!) for Fiesta ST now available!

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
http://www.modbargains.com/p3-cars-vent-gauge-ford-fiesta-st.htm

hey guys, just saw these come on the market, the first ones will be available for order starting black friday... I'm ordering one of these things myself ASAP

These things are really boss IMHO and I've wanted one for Fiesta for a while and never reckoned they'd ever bother, but they did and it looks siiick.

Anyways if you wanna order one I put up the link cos I don't think they're listed anywhere else yet. while they're available at the shop I work for and I went to the trouble of adding these to the website so I can order one myself (lol), to order your own use the website or PM username modbargains and talk to them - this part's not up on P3cars own website and only just appeared on instagram/facebook.

Cheers
Nick
(bluebomber)

Why not just run one of these:

With one of these pods:

Same idea, more functionality. Better yet you could put a vacuum based boost gauge in the pod instead of a digital one. Those of us with upgraded turbos could potentially see more boost than the ecu would read without sensor changes on the car.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=2886]FearTheSnail[/MENTION] Seems the P3 does not fully block the vent, but for me blocking the obd port is more a probelm.

My initial reaction was that it looked great and I would love having that in my car. I don't care for taking up the OBD port, but it's not a big deal to me. But FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS? What? For a boost gauge? I could get an entire gauge cluster worth of high-end gauges for that kind of money.

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
If you look, the Boost Gauge Only version is a LOT cheaper at 329. The full VIDI version is close to 500, preassembled in the vent. the drop down options all subtract money so you can see the price not preinstalled etc is a lot lower at 249... I set it up so that the option I figured most people would go with is what you see rather than get sticker shock when selecting the options

It's expensive, but IMHO it's the CLEANEST LOOKING integration and most OEMish which is why I'm going that route.

I was originally going to go the Roush vent gauge mount route, but I'm kinda going more upscale with my interior and this will match better with the Redline Goods Armrest Covers/Console Door Cover/Shift boot

Fit and finish is kind of important as I'm going to be staring at it... and for once I can spare a little extra

anyways I know these aren't for everyone, but for a few of us this is pretty exciting to have as an option, and as I said it can definitely be done cheaper and another way but to my eye at least, this is the cleanest and the one my lady is least likely to give me grief over.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Am I the only one who isn't a fan of vent gauges? I feel like I can't see the vent when driving. Steering wheel blocks the line of sight.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
But is it a tuner?

It's a well thought out product it seems. But, to be honest, for the price, I'd just buy an AP. The whole point of buying a boost gauge is to get reading from a vacuum source... Now, if the AP didn't exist it would be a good idea. But...this is just a money grab.

koozy

3000 Post Club
But is it a tuner?

It's a well thought out product it seems. But, to be honest, for the price, I'd just buy an AP. The whole point of buying a boost gauge is to get reading from a vacuum source... Now, if the AP didn't exist it would be a good idea. But...this is just a money grab.
I agree, I have no need for gauges when I have the Accessport that provides me 6 gauges and logging capabilities. I'm also not willing to give up the OBDII port. I do appreciate manfacturers being creative and trying to address needs for those that do want to have a traditional gauge.

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
ummm wat? this is not a tuner.... IDK where you're getting that idea.

This is a gauge, does NOTHING in terms of power.

If you're tuned like I am, it gets tiring to remove and stow your accessport every time you park (I've had my AccessPORT STOLEN once...) - and it's a cleaner way to display instead of leaving your AP out all the time like I do - this is something I can leave in the car and NOT WORRY about having it stolen

the pricing isn't anything I have control over, I just thought this was cool, and to be frank the price is the same across their entire range.

If you're already modded to hell like I am, this is a clean way add a more permanent boost gauge that can also cycle through all your other sensors, as well as auxiliary stuff, as there are also additional sensor inputs, say if you wanted to do an ethanol gauge or something else.

Make no mistake, this does not replace an accessport in terms of its tuning capability - this is simply a viable alternative to having the accessport out and on display all the time where it can bake in the sun, get stolen etc

I really would like to have a boost gauge in the car I don't need to worry about having stolen

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Aem has boost gauge with a boost controller solenoid built into the system. You set the boost you want, it makes it happen, and displays the boost. Its called Tru-boost. And... Its not $500.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
ummm wat? this is not a tuner.... IDK where you're getting that idea.

This is a gauge, does NOTHING in terms of power.

If you're tuned like I am, it gets tiring to remove and stow your accessport every time you park (I've had my AccessPORT STOLEN once...) - and it's a cleaner way to display instead of leaving your AP out all the time like I do - this is something I can leave in the car and NOT WORRY about having it stolen

the pricing isn't anything I have control over, I just thought this was cool, and to be frank the price is the same across their entire range.

If you're already modded to hell like I am, this is a clean way add a more permanent boost gauge that can also cycle through all your other sensors, as well as auxiliary stuff, as there are also additional sensor inputs, say if you wanted to do an ethanol gauge or something else.

Make no mistake, this does not replace an accessport in terms of its tuning capability - this is simply a viable alternative to having the accessport out and on display all the time where it can bake in the sun, get stolen etc

I really would like to have a boost gauge in the car I don't need to worry about having stolen
I was making a distinction; not a mistake.

To each their own, though. Like you, people will agree that it's a hassle to remove their AP. But calling it viable (when framed by the modding community) is audacious simply because the AP exists. It does all the AP does, manages to come in at that price range (WYSIWYG) with FAR less features.

In other words, unless I have a burning desire to spend chunks of money on less useful things, why buy this? When I can have all it does, more and tuning at the expensive of an extra 2 minutes a day? Especially if I were new in the platform. At any rate, it's an option. And options are good so you can decide if the trade-offs are your cup of tea or not. The ethanol gauge display would be cool, though... If I didn't have to spend $500 on top of the other $250 or so for the content analyzer.

Oh and one more thing, you're not "modded to hell." It's probably more like "lightly modded." That's not a dig at you, though, I can see how you'd take it that way...but I'm just being honest with you. Take it however you see fit.

Edit- Also, what's stopping someone from ripping it out of your dash? If they really wanted it, the answer is...nothing.

I love it. It's nice to see someone take the time to integrate it so well.

Thank you for continuing to make cool parts easily available. Keep it up!

P.S. I also love my AP. :)

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
If its not for you it's not for you but IMhO the AEM unit looks janky and is not really clean looking- which is kind of the point. Nothing else cleanly incorporates the rest of the vent in a slick, clean design.

@jdubz: glad somebody appreciates having a good looking option

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Though it is not for me I think it is a great looking product but a bit costly but a viable option for some and as always it is great to see new products come out for a fairly rare car:)

MPA

Looks cool, would it still allow aiming/turning the vent? While the other vent mount allows air past the gauge, not being able to aim it doesn't appeal to me.

I'd love a pod built into the top half of the plastic that covers the steering column like I had on my MkIV GTi.