Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pad/Rotor suggestions for daily use

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked a million times before, but what pads/rotors are you all running for street use? I hate the ones on my car right now (I believe they are motorcraft) they are extremely dusty,loud but have great pedal feel. I was thinking Akebono as I love their stuff, but open to other brands that produce minimal dust/noise

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked a million times before, but what pads/rotors are you all running for street use? I hate the ones on my car right now (I believe they are motorcraft) they are extremely dusty,loud but have great pedal feel. I was thinking Akebono as I love their stuff, but open to other brands that produce minimal dust/noise
EBC USR rotors F &R with yellow pads and SVT Focus rear Caliper bracket and Rotors to match* I may run Orange pads next time around just for shits.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yellows do dust some and do get some noise but I don't mind that. It only happens from time to time though mind you. NOT ALL THE TIME *

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

ronmcdon

I'm now using Hawk dtc-30 all around and really love them. bite quite aggressive and easy to modulate. They do squeal a bit at low speeds but nothing that draws attention. Surprised so few ppl here run them. Would not hesitate to call them one of top 10 mods if not top 5. Rotors now have Stoptech slotted oem size. I like that they look cool but have no idea if they're functional.

Had EBC orange front and yellow rear prior and found braking feedback more vague than I'd prefer. When I pulled out the Orange found out there was quite a bit of melting.

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #6
I'm now using Hawk dtc-30 all around and really love them. bite quite aggressive and easy to modulate. They do squeal a bit at low speeds but nothing that draws attention. Surprised so few ppl here run them. Would not hesitate to call them one of top 10 mods if not top 5.

Had EBC orange front and yellow rear prior and found braking feedback more vague than I'd prefer. When I pulled out the Orange found out there was quite a bit of melting.
ive seen a few people mention Hawk, I’ve only seen good things said about them so I’ll check them out too!

ronmcdon

Will say that im using dtc-30 bc I track my car as well. Con might be that they will cause more rotor wear and dust if that matters to you. Initially was afraid they don't warm up quickly enough for street use but found out that wasn't the case for me (In southern CA, 60f-100f weather). Hawk HP Plus may be milder with rotor wear and noise but they give great feedback on other cars I've owned.

I recently installed a set of EBC Yellowstuff w/ EBC RK rotors. As many others suggested, these are turning out to be pretty much as dusty as stock pads, but the dust seems to be more gray in colour and way less sticky and washes away much more easily. Bite point is distinctly more mellow than stocks but once you get into it a bit, stopping power is comparable. There's also EBC Reds that's supposed to be way less dusty but allegedly won't survive track days or intensive auto-x.

OP
GreenEnvyFiST908
Thread Starter #9
I recently installed a set of EBC Yellowstuff w/ EBC RK rotors. As many others suggested, these are turning out to be pretty much as dusty as stock pads, but the dust seems to be more gray in colour and way less sticky and washes away much more easily. Bite point is distinctly more mellow than stocks but once you get into it a bit, stopping power is comparable. There's also EBC Reds that's supposed to be way less dusty but allegedly won't survive track days or intensive auto-x.
Reds might be the best option for me, I don’t think I will ever track/autoX this car because I don’t want to abuse my daily and only car, apart from the occasional sea to sky run

For rotors, pick any decent quality rotor which has a rust coating. There isn't a lot of special sauce in rotors. In my experience, cheap rotors are false economy, but that doesn't mean you need something crazy.

I just changed out my factory pads and rotors for Carbotech 1521 pads and Centric solid rotors. I personally felt like the factory brakes had way too much initial bite, making heal toe shifting very difficult. The Carbotechs feel much better in that area. I can't comment on the dust as I have flat black wheels.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just changed out my factory pads and rotors for Carbotech 1521 pads and Centric solid rotors. I personally felt like the factory brakes had way too much initial bite, making heal toe shifting very difficult. The Carbotechs feel much better in that area. I can't comment on the dust as I have flat black wheels.
They make completely Blank solid metal discs for the FiST without any venting for Cooling and gas dissipation?

I ran EBC Yellow stuff front and back with EBC rotors and found them very good. Brakes well, less initial bite than stock, but very confidence inspiring and progressive in feel.
I also tried Green stuff, which were almost as good. Almost same feel as yellow stuff, at a cheaper pricepoint.
Next I'll try som brembo stock replacement pads and rotors to see if it's good. They are far far cheaper than yellow and green stuff.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I ran EBC Yellow stuff front and back with EBC rotors and found them very good. Brakes well, less initial bite than stock, but very confidence inspiring and progressive in feel.
I also tried Green stuff, which were almost as good. Almost same feel as yellow stuff, at a cheaper pricepoint.
Next I'll try som brembo stock replacement pads and rotors to see if it's good. They are far far cheaper than yellow and green stuff.
Brembo makes OEM size, blank rotors (and factory type/compound pads) for our application? [???:)]

Maybe they are only offered in Europe, as I have never seen them here for our rides? [dunno]

Brembo makes OEM size, blank rotors (and factory type/compound pads) for our application? [???:)]

Maybe they are only offered in Europe, as I have never seen them here for our rides? [dunno]
Very much yes they do ;)
They are offered on Autodoc a cheap parts app. And they are very cheap. But worth a shot at those prices :)

278mm front blanks:
P/N: 09.C422.11
https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/disc/09-C422-11

278mm front slotted:
P/N: 09.C422.75
https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/disc/09-C422-75

252,5 rear blank:
P/N: 08.4931.21
https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/disc/08-4931-21

252,5 rear slotted:
P/N: 08.4931.76
https://www.bremboparts.com/europe/en/catalogue/disc/08-4931-76