Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

paint peeling around the lock/unlock button on exterior door handle

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I searched a few different ways but cannot for the life of me figure out what that button is called on the exterior handle, could just be that I am pre-caffeine this morning.

My cars got about 2500 miles on it and last night I noticed that all the paint around the door handle unlock button on the outside is peeling off, like, down to black plastic. I wiped at it with my finger and the paint basically wipes right off. How is Ford, generally, with warranty paint repairs? It looks like zero prep was done on the plastic, since I can just wipe the paint off with my finger. Also, is Ford one to give a loaner if it takes a few days to repaint? I just sold my backup car and my next toy isn't quite street ready yet so the Fiesta is my daily.

I have heard of the button being referred to as a passive button at the Ford dealership I work at. They will have to take pictures and submit to Ford to determine if it would be covered. Paint is hit and miss as they often say it is caused due to a rock chip, paint that shows signs of peeling tends to be covered more often. As for a rental they should supply you with one; we supply all customers with rentals for anything body shop related that's still under warranty.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I have heard of the button being referred to as a passive button at the Ford dealership I work at. They will have to take pictures and submit to Ford to determine if it would be covered. Paint is hit and miss as they often say it is caused due to a rock chip, paint that shows signs of peeling tends to be covered more often. As for a rental they should supply you with one; we supply all customers with rentals for anything body shop related that's still under warranty.
Thanks! I’m super sensitive about paint issues- my last car was bought back from me after being repainted 5 times in 8 months :p