Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Paint peeling?

ive had my 2014 st for a few thousand miles now and have no problems up until now. i noticed when i went to open my door up that there was something on my hand. i went to see and noticed that it was paint from the handle. when i looked at of the backside of my drivers door handle the paint had completely peeled off. when i looked at the paint piece it looked as if there was not a spec of primer on it. it actually looks like it was glued (weird burnt residue?). on top of that i have some bubbling on the inside of the doors. ive looked around and maybe im not looking too well but is this normal? i heard that the paint on the focus was weak after people were taking wraps off of their cars only to find out the paint came with it. when i hold the paint piece in my hand it just flops around like its just one layer of paint and thats it. i dont have any major chips on the rest of the car other than rock chips from the previous owner. is it something i should be concerned about because i was planning on doing a little buffing soon but if its that weak/thin i dont want to take anymore clear/paint thats left. same as a wrap, it dosnt feel right hiding damage like that, especially if i sell it any time soon.

Attachments

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Weird! From the first day I had my FiST the paint was rubbing off the drivers' side door handle. Mine was still new enough that I took it to Ford and demonstrated the paint was still semi-liquid and there was no primer on the plastic so they repainted it. I have no idea what the melty mess in your picture is though.