Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Parking Brake Light Turns on While Driving.

Hey guys,
Driving home today I noticed that any time I would drive up a hill the parking brake light would turn on. Any ideas on why this is happening?

It's not just a light for the parking brake. It can come on for other reasons. Check you brake fluid level and add some if low. Low brake fluid is the most common reason.

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
It's not just a light for the parking brake. It can come on for other reasons. Check you brake fluid level and add some if low. Low brake fluid is the most common reason.
Well your right, I just checked the brake fluid level and the reservoir was empty. Will be going to Ford tomorrow for a refill. Thanks for the help!

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Well your right, I just checked the brake fluid level and the reservoir was empty. Will be going to Ford tomorrow for a refill. Thanks for the help!
I would have Ford check for leaks too to see where the fluid went. I know that seems obvious, but you never know at the dealership, lol

I would have Ford check for leaks too to see where the fluid went. I know that seems obvious, but you never know at the dealership, lol
Brake fluid level goes down as brake pads wear out. If his brakes are working ok but fluid is low he needs to have the dealer check pad wear. You should always check and top off the brake fluid when you do your oil change.