Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Parking like a BOSS.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have special business cards for situations like this that say " Park like this again and I will key your Shit" or I grab my Coloring book in my back storage area for my Cleaning supplies and a crayon from the box of 64 and leave it under their windshield with a little note saying thought you'd like a little practice to stay in between the lines.[nono]

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Used to have a guy at my apartment complex that parked like this until one day my roommate and I parked so close to him on both sides he had to crawl in through the trunk. I think he got the point. Don't be that guy. Park far away if you're afraid of getting dinged. If that's not an acceptable solution, don't drive.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I agree with the others, I often park on the far side of the parking lot to avoid door dings, but I never take up two spaces. I just try to park far enough away that no one will be around me.I even have a name for it, I call it paranoid parking.
One time I had parked very far away in a huge parking lot. When I came out of the store I could see that a car was next to me, and I thought what the hell. When I got closer, I could see that it was a Lamborghini, and then I thought it was great. He obviously wasn't going to be banging his doors into my car.

I agree with the others, I often park on the far side of the parking lot to avoid door dings, but I never take up two spaces. I just try to park far enough away that no one will be around me.I even have a name for it, I call it paranoid parking.
One time I had parked very far away in a huge parking lot. When I came out of the store I could see that a car was next to me, and I thought what the hell. When I got closer, I could see that it was a Lamborghini, and then I thought it was great. He obviously wasn't going to be banging his doors into my car.
We are a lot to be parkanoid :p

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I will park as far over to the curb without actually scraping my wheels against it as possible on an end spot (which I sometimes have to WAIT for to get! [wink]).

But still 'legally', and within the lines.
Despite this, there are some asswipes out there who will purposely still park as close as they can to the 'open' side of my car, even given all of the room I've left them, just out of spite because they hate/despise that I care for my ride. [mad] [thumbdown][thumbdown]

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I will park as far over to the curb without actually scraping my wheels against it as possible on an end spot (which I sometimes have to WAIT for to get! [wink]).

But still 'legally', and within the lines.
Despite this, there are some asswipes out there who will purposely still park as close as they can to the 'open' side of my car, even given all of the room I've left them, just out of spite because they hate/despise that I care for my ride. [mad] [thumbdown][thumbdown]
I do the exact same thing!
Although I have yet to have anyone go out of their way to park close to me.
I think it helps that our cars are so narrow, it lowers the chance of a careless door hit.

I identify as well as a Parkanoid and I'll include, as part of the signs that you suffer from this condition, is the feeling that there's always somebody that will park next to you, no matter how far you park (rarely a Lamborghini in my case). They're probably the same people that love to drive next to other cars and trucks like zombies.

By the way, ranting at any opportunity is another sign :p

Easiest ways to prevent dings is to find the spot that has a curb on one side, and back in as close to the curb as you can. Tilt your mirror down and use your mirror to back in to avoid curbing a wheel, then you'll have tons of room on the "unprotected side"

Last edited:

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I used to do that, until one time I brilliantly managed to forget I was right next to the curb while I was in a store.I came out, started backing out and promptly cut the steering wheel over and managed to curb a wheel on that side. It made that awful grinding sound that says "You f****d up." As you might imagine, there was lots of cussing, I was so mad at myself.
Fortunately this was on a previous car, but I still ended up hiring one of those mobile wheel repair services to come touch up the damage. It cost me about $200, but nobody dinged my door!

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I used to do that, until one time I brilliantly managed to forget I was right next to the curb while I was in a store.I came out, started backing out and promptly cut the steering wheel over and managed to curb a wheel on that side. It made that awful grinding sound that says "You f****d up." As you might imagine, there was lots of cussing, I was so mad at myself.
Fortunately this was on a previous car, but I still ended up hiring one of those mobile wheel repair services to come touch up the damage. It cost me about $200, but nobody dinged my door!
I did this so many times on my stock wheels. I didn't cry though because I knew they'd be getting replaced before too long

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I once with this car did that at one of those useless 'island' type curbs, out in the middle of a lot at a local CVS, but did not hurt the wheels, but gouged the side skirt pretty badly. [bash]

That passenger side was already separating from the body anyway, so once the car is paid off in December, I will have it repaired/repainted, and installed correctly, solidly (and hopefully permanently!) with no gaps. [wink]

I did this to one of my Dekagrams last year. Worst sound ever! I was mad, of course, but then resigned myself to the fact it was my own fault.

This reminds me...I need to shop around for a single bronze Dekagram and new summer tires.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My bronze Dekagrams are my daily driver wheels, so I expect some crap to happen to them along the line.

What tends to save them somewhat is the super wide section width 205/50 Neo Gens on them, which are actually 'pinched' even though mounted on an 8" wide wheel.

There are times when I am sorry I did not go with the narrower, and higher numerical offset (unlike most on here, I HATE 'poke'!), and yes, heavier Terras for daily driver use, for many reasons.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Last edited: