Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Passenger Mirror Replaced, Window Only Rolls Halfway Down

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Does anyone know what the body shop might have messed up to make this happen? I'm guessing somebody has had this door panel off, which is required and was done to put the new mirror on, and might have an idea how it works in there.
This was done by a supposedly reputable independent body shop, and they got a new OEM Ford mirror to replace the one that I had hit on the side of my garage. It was done a couple days ago, but I didn't try to roll the window all the way down until today

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I know your issue is with the passenger side, but I seem to remember some people having to reset the driver's side window after doing shift lever work and such.

I found this reset procedure, maybe give it a try and see if it will fix your issue:

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...e-one-touch-roll-up-window-doesnt-work.15699/
Thanks for sending this, as it says, it seems to apply just to the automatic up and down function. this probably won't work on the passenger window switch which doesn't have that function, but nothing to lose by giving it a try.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
When the old mirror was removed the wiring harness was unplugged and pulled threw. Inside the door there is a small metal brace at the upper front corner it has a cut out in it. The harness must be threaded threw that. That brace holds the wiring out of the way of the window moving up/down. If not the harness just dangles inside the door frame and when you roll down the window it catches the window frame not allowing it to go down completely. Happened to me, you have to remove the door panel raise the window to closed position and stick your hand up in there (by removing the speaker to access the interior of the door) and feel for the harness if there's a bunch of slack in it then it not threaded threw that metal brace in the corner. That's the best way I can explain it.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If it was my vehicle...I'd bring it back to who worked on it and tell those hunyucks to fix my window.....What a bunch of shmucks letting it go out the door without verifying it worked properly.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
When the old mirror was removed the wiring harness was unplugged and pulled threw. Inside the door there is a small metal brace at the upper front corner it has a cut out in it. The harness must be threaded threw that. That brace holds the wiring out of the way of the window moving up/down. If not the harness just dangles inside the door frame and when you roll down the window it catches the window frame not allowing it to go down completely. Happened to me, you have to remove the door panel raise the window to closed position and stick your hand up in there and feel for the harness if there's a bunch of slack in it then it not threaded threw that metal brace in the corner. That's the best way I can explain it.
Thanks a lot for this, I took it back and that appeared to be exactly what it was. I was a little annoyed at having to go back, but the body shop is very reputable, they were extremely nice about it and owned it and apologized, so I guess that's about all you can ask. It only took them about 15 minutes to pop the door panel back off and fix it. We all make mistakes, just part of learning and being human.
They are located on a back country road that I sometimes drive on anyway just to have a little fun, so basically I just had to take a 15-minute pitstop while they properly rerouted the cable.

Last edited:
OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Here's a picture I took when they took the door panel back off. I just thought I might be helpful to know what it looks like in there for future reference, so I'll post it here for anyone who wonders what it looks like inside their door panel. IMG_20190619_144745924_HDR.jpg