Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PAUSED - Transport Mode?

Hey guys I'm slated to pick up my 2015 FiST here in a few days, taking advantage of fords cash back and 0%

Test drove two cars, one pulled great and the other felt down on power. It kept showing PAUSED where the odometer reading should have been. Quick google search turns up pretty gray answers, potentially this is part of the "transport mode" the cars come in from the factory?

Car still had plastic on the passenger seat, no center caps installed yet, and 13 miles on the odometer.

I called and ask a tech and he said if it was in transport mode and SHOWING paused it limits the cars power. Can anyone verify this?

rexdriver85

When I worked for Volkswagen, part of the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) process was to take the vehicle out of transportation mode with the scan tool. It limits power and road speed and disables a bunch of features in the vehicle. I bet that car wasn't even PDI'd yet. Especially if it still had parts of the interior wrapped. [emoji106]

OP
O
Thread Starter #4
Well it was new off the truck, but had 13 miles on it and the radio was cranked when I got in. So someone from the dealer must have drove it, not sure why it wouldn't have been PDI'd

OP
O
Thread Starter #6
I didn't get into it deeper than that. Just saw PAUSED keep popping up on the odometer area and the car felt laggier and down on power compared to the one driven immediately before it.

It was still in transport mode. Our guys take them out of it when they do the PDI. It keeps the truck drivers from having too much fun. [giggle]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Fiesta ST Discussions 4