Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PDX Meet Up!

Although I’m new to the forum, all the threads about a Portland meet up are absolutely ancient. Anyone down for a Portland/surrounding areas meet?? I know there used to be a local car/bike meet at Ava Roastaria in Beaverton. Also a Sonic in Beaverton meet although I’m pretty sure that ones dried up. Then there’s always RDM although I’m not he biggest fan... but if it meant meeting local ST/RS folks I’d be more than willing!!

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
I’m more than willing to organize if there’s actually an interest within the community!

anticon

There is cars and coffee at World of Speed in Wilsonville every Saturday. There were two FoSTs when I went a couple weeks ago.

anticon

I should be at cars and coffee in Wilsonville tomorrow, I will probably be later as I am bringing the family.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Shoot I went up to the Ape Caves with the old lady today! I have the Oregon Rally next weekend as well but maybe the weekend after that??

XanRules

Something when the weather gets warmer would be fun!

If the weather gets warmer...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Bump... Summer weather is here and I know I'd be interested in a PDX area FiST meetup... I only recognize XanRules from the main forum threads/FB but I think a lot of people don't know about our little PNW regional section forum here too... Anyway, there are a couple good FB groups with PDX people too, some on here as well obviously, so I'd be happy to post in those groups if we come up with a date/place that works for us... would we want to do a little rally thing up WA12 or 14 whatever down the gorge, crossover over and eat in Hood River... the beach, whatever, you name it, would love to do any of that stuff!

XanRules

I'll be around! I think I'm out of town middle of next month but most weekends I'm pretty flexible.

There are a lot of great day trips to take in the PNW, starting in the PDX area.

In my opinion, the best one for the Fiesta would be taking old Highway 30 starting in Gresham out through the Gorge, tearing up the Rowena Loops, and finishing in The Dalles. From there, you can return home on 84 if you're tired, or cross the river and head back 14, stop by Maryhill, etc. I did this in my Mustang and it was a blast. Went out 14 to Maryhill in the Fiesta but most of old 30 were still closed due to the fires.

Another great drive is starting at the St. Johns Bridge, going up Germantown, over on Skyline, then heading down Rocky Point Road. Traffic can be brutal at times, so we don't want to do this on like a Saturday afternoon, we'll for sure be stuck behind 12 Prius's along the way. There are some adjustments you can make to this course to turn it into a full day trip, but I haven't done that yet. Just the original route takes about an hour, but is action packed the whole time.

Mt. St. Helens makes for a good time as well, but the way I've done it in the past with the Mustang clubs, it wouldn't be as fun in a Fiesta as there are a lot of open roads and straights, not so much tight and technical turns. This was taking I-5 up to the Castle Rock (or something around there) exit, then heading over to the Johnston Ridge Observatory.

The Gifford Pichnot Lookout drive is maybe a better option to Mt. St. Helens. Would look something like this (disregard starting address).

Let me know if these are of any interest to you guys

danbfree

3000 Post Club
There are a lot of great day trips to take in the PNW, starting in the PDX area.

In my opinion, the best one for the Fiesta would be taking old Highway 30 starting in Gresham out through the Gorge, tearing up the Rowena Loops, and finishing in The Dalles. From there, you can return home on 84 if you're tired, or cross the river and head back 14, stop by Maryhill, etc. I did this in my Mustang and it was a blast. Went out 14 to Maryhill in the Fiesta but most of old 30 were still closed due to the fires.

Another great drive is starting at the St. Johns Bridge, going up Germantown, over on Skyline, then heading down Rocky Point Road. Traffic can be brutal at times, so we don't want to do this on like a Saturday afternoon, we'll for sure be stuck behind 12 Prius's along the way. There are some adjustments you can make to this course to turn it into a full day trip, but I haven't done that yet. Just the original route takes about an hour, but is action packed the whole time.

Mt. St. Helens makes for a good time as well, but the way I've done it in the past with the Mustang clubs, it wouldn't be as fun in a Fiesta as there are a lot of open roads and straights, not so much tight and technical turns. This was taking I-5 up to the Castle Rock (or something around there) exit, then heading over to the Johnston Ridge Observatory.

The Gifford Pichnot Lookout drive is maybe a better option to Mt. St. Helens. Would look something like this (disregard starting address).

Let me know if these are of any interest to you guys
Any of these would be good for me, nothing wrong with a combo of straights and curves, I'm still rocking the stock suspension for a while, can't wait to get my Eibach springs! And yeah, I know they don't help handling much, but does help with traction and a lower COG, I'd feel more connected on the curves at least...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
This might be another interesting route.

Or this,

(pictures redacted for thread space courtesy)
Those look fine by me as well, that 2nd one would be convenient for you and I in the SW area, but I'm literally OK with whatever... And Off-Topic, I just gotta say that I'm glad to meet you guys on here to learn more about mods too... You have so much nice stuff yet you don't have an AP, short shift or bracing, some of the very first things I thought people should get... Interesting to hear about the different routes people take! It will be cool to chat in person and maybe try each other's rides out and learn off each other, I'd love to see how the Swift springs ride, for example...

anticon

Those look fine by me as well, that 2nd one would be convenient for you and I in the SW area, but I'm literally OK with whatever... And Off-Topic, I just gotta say that I'm glad to meet you guys on here to learn more about mods too... You have so much nice stuff yet you don't have an AP, short shift or bracing, some of the very first things I thought people should get... Interesting to hear about the different routes people take! It will be cool to chat in person and maybe try each other's rides out and learn off each other, I'd love to see how the Swift springs ride, for example...
That's funny, I was thinking the same thing about your AP tune, bracing, and short shifter. The only reason I haven't done the AP is because I want to drive it a while under warranty until I am pretty sure I am not going to run into any issues.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
That's funny, I was thinking the same thing about your AP tune, bracing, and short shifter. The only reason I haven't done the AP is because I want to drive it a while under warranty until I am pretty sure I am not going to run into any issues.
Sounds good man... I've heard that our motors are so stout that if there IS any engine trouble if you just fully uninstall your AP then you are likely to no be denied.. if they wanted to total dicks, they can even try to say that your RMM caused undue stress, they even mention catch can in a PDF out there on how to train dealer how to deny warranty for even modified exhausts and everything, but if you have a good relationship with the dealer then you should be OK unless it's a super expensive engine replacement or something then Dearborn might want the permanent ECU data... I know i'm risking it slightly, but even tuned to 26 psi my motor hasn't burned even a drop of oil in 4k miles, I hope that's a good sign!

Edit: Oh, no bracing yet but next up along with springs is the Traction Bar from HERE to help with torque steer...

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Bah, I'm gonna finally need an AP if I wanna keep up with y'all.
Oh man, I had NO idea you didn't have one either... you guys just need to get a used one, they are popping up all over the forums/groups... Even if it's just for the basic conservative Cobb OTS tune you get on every AP, it's worth $350 used... and from there Dizzy and Stratified have great tunes for only $75... But yeah, even if you are playing it safe, just run the Cobb OTS tune that gets you only like 5 HP but like 30ft/lb torque and that alone transforms the car nicely!

XanRules

Yeah, the used ones just get snapped up before I see em most of the time but it's at the top of the list!!