Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

People who have sold their ST

People who have sold their ST, or moved into new cars while keeping the ST, what are your thoughts/experiences on doing so? I'm looking into selling my ST for a new car to realize the gains the used market is offering right now but mostly because it's been 5 years and just getting the urge to explore something new.

What cars have people moved onto? Do you regret selling the ST and not keeping it and maybe buying a cheaper 2nd car than you would have bought vs selling the ST for something more expensive?

Right now, I've heavily eyeing an M240i xDrive. I'm looking for something I can daily in the snow again as I'm moving back up north. I used to have a WRX and loved the AWD turbo with good torque combination. But now that I'm older and have experienced a lowered ST for 5 years (daily driven) I kinda wanna move into something a little more "comfortable". I was initially going to wait for the GR Corolla but the more I think about it, the more I feel it'll cost about the same as the M240i after markups and that's if you can even secure one right away. Probably would be lucky to get one for MSRP before 2024.

Mikey456

We have a 228i with the sport package and it is more comfortable drive. But the trade off is the steering is less precise and if you get the 6 be prepared to visit the gas station a lot with its small tank and not the best fuel economy. The 6 sounds better though and the automatic is good. The reliability is average and the computer interface died during the warranty period which happened to a previous bmw we owned. Good luck [emoji106]

slopoke

I sold my 2018 Fiesta ST after two years of ownership. Got it to 330 whp and got an itch and got a 2019 Mustang GT. It's currently at around 700 whp, but the cost difference between the Fiesta and the Mustang, for dollars per hp is stupidly expensive.

I had a 2017 that I bought new and kept it for about a year. At the time, I needed a new daily and with two fun cars (FiST and 300zx tt), I decided to keep the Z.

fast forward almost 5 years later and I got back into one.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Great thread....OP we should have a beer when you're in Georgia. My treat.

I'm coming up on 7 years with the FiST. Mine has 42k miles. I have a G1 5 speed Insight and a JDM Crx also. And a truck. Each gets driven one or 2 days per week. Been thinking of swapping one of the three cars for something else. Not because I'm bored of it - the Fiesta is special - but because I'll be dead soon and it would be neat to experience other cars before I'm gone. At the same time I've always said I'd never sell the FiST because it is so great. Longest I've ever owned a car. But again, you can only own/drive so many and its nice to experience something new. But I still love the FiST every time I drive it.

I've considered swapping it for a GR Corolla also. But that's a foot longer and 500 pounds heavier. And a bit too bandwagony - the FiST was always the underdog which I love. I've also been toying with the idea lately of selling it and getting a decent S2000 for around the same price.

I turn 50 at the of this year which will mark 7 years with the Fiesta. Maybe that will be the time? I dunno. I love this car.

Good problem to have.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Great thread....OP we should have a beer when you're in Georgia. My treat.

I'm coming up on 7 years with the FiST. Mine has 42k miles. I have a G1 5 speed Insight and a JDM Crx also. And a truck. Each gets driven one or 2 days per week. Been thinking of swapping one of the three cars for something else. Not because I'm bored of it - the Fiesta is special - but because I'll be dead soon and it would be neat to experience other cars before I'm gone. At the same time I've always said I'd never sell the FiST because it is so great. Longest I've ever owned a car. But again, you can only own/drive so many and its nice to experience something new. But I still love the FiST every time I drive it.

I've considered swapping it for a GR Corolla also. But that's a foot longer and 500 pounds heavier. And a bit too bandwagony - the FiST was always the underdog which I love. I've also been toying with the idea lately of selling it and getting a decent S2000 for around the same price.

I turn 50 at the of this year which will mark 7 years with the Fiesta. Maybe that will be the time? I dunno. I love this car.

Good problem to have.
I totally understand your position, I am 4 years in now on my FiST and have just installed a Wavetrac LSD and it has strengthened my absolute love of this car. I do not know how I will feel in another 3 years . I am still 4 years out on having to smog test the car so I am still free to run it unrestricted so to speak. I will buy another sports car. My M3 will get sold as its appreciating like it’s gold.
If my FiST got totaled I do not know if I would try to find another one though.Mine still only has just over 20k on it. Most used FiST‘s are either way over priced in my eyes for a used one and have been previously modded and driven hard. It does not leave many good options.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had my first ST for 2 years before trading it in for an RS. Love the RS but have always missed the ST, 4 years later, I got another ST to go along with the RS, and I've been really happy daily driving the Fiesta.
That's a pretty awesome collection! I'm curious, do you have a favorite?

PhoenixM3

People who have sold their ST, or moved into new cars while keeping the ST, what are your thoughts/experiences on doing so? I'm looking into selling my ST for a new car to realize the gains the used market is offering right now but mostly because it's been 5 years and just getting the urge to explore something new.

What cars have people moved onto? Do you regret selling the ST and not keeping it and maybe buying a cheaper 2nd car than you would have bought vs selling the ST for something more expensive?

Right now, I've heavily eyeing an M240i xDrive. I'm looking for something I can daily in the snow again as I'm moving back up north. I used to have a WRX and loved the AWD turbo with good torque combination. But now that I'm older and have experienced a lowered ST for 5 years (daily driven) I kinda wanna move into something a little more "comfortable". I was initially going to wait for the GR Corolla but the more I think about it, the more I feel it'll cost about the same as the M240i after markups and that's if you can even secure one right away. Probably would be lucky to get one for MSRP before 2024.
I bought a GR86 after owning 3 FiSTs and I miss the practicality only. Small rear drive, normally aspirated sports cars are increasingly hard to find, and Ford makes the Mustang and that is it. I’d recommend holding the Fiesta ST and watching the used car market for 6-12 months. Prices will have to come down.

P.S. I’m on a wait list for a GR Corolla as well, but they will likely be $40K or more and are EXTREMELY limited.

I sold mine to a smaller used car dealership right down the road from me. They wanted the mods left on it so I asked for a higher price with them and they agreed. They had a 2007 Hyundai Azera with 20k miles for $8500, and I decided that that would be more practical as an only car for back and forth to work (this is my 2nd Azera, same year too). I kinda miss the Fiesta, but honestly not as much as I thought I would. I missed my JCW Mini way more. No one really liked riding in the car because of the seats, I never could get it how I wanted it to sound (I think I was on 4 revisions of the exhaust), and I wasn't all that geeked about how it looked. It was a good car, cheap to modify and simple, obviously drove very well. It was practical in some ways, I moved across the country with it. But I never took it autocrossing like I thought I would, and I was trying to find ways to kind of soften it up to be a daily. So now I've got the Hyundai and a new DR650, and I think that's a good combo. I think my next fiesta will be a base hatch with a manual and hopefully the 1.0L, that'd be a cool car to bomb around on the gravel roads we have in the PNW.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nearly 74 yrs old and I will not be getting rid of my ST. It's a 2014 with 99,5000 trouble free miles on it and if I'm still alive, I'll go for the 200,000 miles! Nothing else out there that I would replace it with!