Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Performance Brake Upgrade - Where to get it??!!??

Hey, I've been looking for a month for a decent upgrade for pads and rotors, and I have come up short. Has anyone got any suggestions on where to look? 2014 has nothing that I can find. Does Focus ST '13 fit on FiST '14???? My guess is the answer is 'no'.

I actually need new brakes now due to track days. [raceflag]

OP
Bontempfeline
Thread Starter #3
Yep, guess so. So much less expensive for a FiST than other cars, so I guess I should be glad!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Just a FYI I think those are Fronts There are places that do sell the Full sets if you so desire. Or maybe not from the TCE site
*Front Kits fit the Fiesta ST. Rear kits do not. A new TCE rear rotor kit is in development for this.

C. love

I personally would try new pads and lines. If you are really going to track it hard then get the full upgrade. A larger rotor and more pistons doesn't necessarily mean better braking it does however mean better heat dissipation which translates into brakes that take longer to fade. If i replace the pads on my fiesta I will probably get some EBC pads and call it a day. Then again i wont be tracking my car much if ever

XuperXero

I personally would try new pads and lines. If you are really going to track it hard then get the full upgrade. A larger rotor and more pistons doesn't necessarily mean better braking it does however mean better heat dissipation which translates into brakes that take longer to fade. If i replace the pads on my fiesta I will probably get some EBC pads and call it a day. Then again i wont be tracking my car much if ever
What he said.

Upgrade pads (Hawk HP+), SS lines, and DOT 5 fluid is what I did with my non-brembo 350Z. Worked great on track and perfect for DD. Large brake upgrades are not worth the money unless you're converting to full race cars like the shops are doing.

What he said.

Upgrade pads (Hawk HP+), SS lines, and DOT 5 fluid is what I did with my non-brembo 350Z. Worked great on track and perfect for DD. Large brake upgrades are not worth the money unless you're converting to full race cars like the shops are doing.
+1
Just re-iterate.

BBK (big brake kits) are really only necessary for fully-dedicated track cars.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
BBK's are great bling for street or full-on race car, but yea what XuperXero said is perfect! [twothumb]

XuperXero

Thanks guys!

This is coming from personal experience as I used to track my 350Z every weekend. Not to mention... BBK are also utterly useless if you don't have the proper rubber to stop them. Stopping is in the tires, not brakes itself.

That said, I've tried a few mountain roads in our little cars. I can't get brake fade so far. But OEM bridgestones definitely needs to go...

Though most of the time I agree you don't NEED big brakes to run a track day here or there. if you are going to regularly do it there is real value in the right brake kit. SL6 front kit pays for itself in 3ish years on my vette. even with only 4-6 track days a year on a stock car. Once you get to a point that you pushing the car fairly hard, its nice to not have to worry about the brakes. I am by no means a good driver, and I honestly wont push my car all that hard on the track. But even at 8/10th you can just overrun the stock brake system to a point that you are eating a set of $250 pads in 2-3 hours on track. That starts to add up fast.