Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Peron S284 Installation, Help!

I just received my S284 kit on Thursday from Whoosh and I've reached the part where I need to plum all of the boost/vacuum lines. The kit didn't come with any instructions and all I can find online are walkthroughs of the standard S280 install which uses an adapter to fit the stock BPV.

On the standard kit, the three lines that come off of the solenoid on the turbo go to the BPV adapter, wastegate, and turbine housing. The S284 kit comes with a turbosmart bpv that uses a boost reference adapter which is installed on the manifold. If the S284 BPV uses the boost reference adapter, then where does the BPV line from the solenoid go? Also, there is an additional plug for a vacuum line on the turbo intake elbow. What do I plug in there?

Thanks for the help.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm confused as to what you are confused about.

- The BOV uses the manifold reference. Done. No other question there.

- The boost control solenoid has 3 ports. One goes to the compressor cover, one goes to the inlet elbow, and one goes to the wastegate actuator. See below:

OP
O
Thread Starter #3
I'm confused as to what you are confused about.

- The BOV uses the manifold reference. Done. No other question there.

- The boost control solenoid has 3 ports. One goes to the compressor cover, one goes to the inlet elbow, and one goes to the wastegate actuator. See below:
Ah, it makes sense now.

The video I watched for the S280 install said to route the hose that is going to the elbow in the diagram to the BPV which is not the case for me as you've shown.

Thanks! Looks like I'll be driving around an s280 fist later today. 😀

OP
O
Thread Starter #5
Nothing of help but I can’t wait for my s284 to get here!
WOOO, congrats! I finished installing mine yesterday and took my base map logs. Now I't's just a waiting game to work with the turner.

The turbo sounds awesome even just at ~7psi that the base map runs.