Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Picked up the car yesterday and got Snowies on it today..

STooge

and after the maiden voyage on the blizzaks.

Is anyone experiencing problems with the parking brake freezing on? We are affraid to put it on because SVT parking brake freezes on....

OP
STooge

STooge

Thread Starter #3
185/60/15. I ordered these from tire rack. The part number is actually the spare tire rim.

Is anyone experiencing problems with the parking brake freezing on? We are affraid to put it on because SVT parking brake freezes on....
My car has was parked at my dad's a week in freezing temperature and snow. The parking brake was on all week and I did not have any problems with it saturday when I took the car for a drive. So I think it's safe.

It may be a whole other story in 3-5 years...

Congrats! I use the brake everyday and havent had any issues. Great choice with the blizzaks too!

Perry

Hi, STooge--Looks like you went with the winter tires I'm looking at; did you go with the steel rims for cost purposes (with which I'm entirely sympathetic, by the way), or other reasons?

OP
STooge

STooge

Thread Starter #9
I went with the steelies some for the ease of switching and I get a pretty good deal on them as well so it only made sense. But basically my biggest reason was because i wanted to run a 185 for winter. And btw, the tires rock man. I have had no Issues, this is actually my Wife's daily driver and she loves the tires. Never an issue.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
You plan to get some darker summer wheels? I really like the darker wheel look on the GE ST.

OP
STooge

STooge

Thread Starter #11
Yes actually, my Wife, Julie, was thinking about either painting them gunmetal or black, but I am going to try to convince her to let us buy some. haha Fingers crossed.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Yes actually, my Wife, Julie, was thinking about either painting them gunmetal or black, but I am going to try to convince her to let us buy some. haha Fingers crossed.
Sounds like a keeper lol.

OP
STooge

STooge

Thread Starter #16
Hahaha. I'm surprised Julie has been ok with everything so far.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Smiles? You guys get smiles? My wife specializes in the combined pursed lip/eye roll at the moment. [driving]
LOL mine was busting my balls for wanting to upgrade to a Quaife LSD as we are talking about it she starts laughing and giving me the beans about how i'm u putz'r and like to fiddle with my cars until i don't like them anymore LOL then she says Oh its ok but why don't you drivei t for a while first and she.. For which i reply its a 6-8 week lead on getting the unit from the time the order goes in so it will be spring when it gets here .. she just rolled her eyes laughed and said ya ok barely spring..

Perry

185/60/15. I ordered these from tire rack. The part number is actually the spare tire rim.
STooge--In talking with a local garage tech this AM, I was told that 15" wheels on the ST would be too tight around the brake calipers. (Granted, this from a guy who has never actually laid eyes on a FiST, but, . . .) Did you have any issues like that with the install?

OP
STooge

STooge

Thread Starter #20
No the part number is actually the full size spare. I am sure there are a lot of 15" rims that won't fit but these are literally the full size spare tire that's in the back. Same Ford part number. No clearance issues what so ever.