Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PierceMotorsports 6-point lower, upper strut tower, and rear braces installed

OP
lou5560
Thread Starter #2
Pierce Motorsports upper strut tower and rear brace installed

OP
lou5560
Thread Starter #5
Thanks...it eliminates torque steer. Great work Piercemotorsports!

DaveG99

How can bracing eliminate torque steer. Isn't torque steer due to one tire spinning more than another?

OP
lou5560
Thread Starter #8
My guess is because it ties everything together suspension wise. It helps with handling but the thing I really noticed is that it seems to reduce torque steer quite a bit. I don't know if that's it's purpose but I can definitely feel a big difference.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
How can bracing eliminate torque steer. Isn't torque steer due to one tire spinning more than another?
Torque steer is due to uneven half-shaft lengths combined with high-horsepower through the turning wheels. It's pretty much non-existent in the FiST from the factory, even fully upgrade on the OEM turbo, and can be mitigated (if it's even noticed) by a proper alignment.

OP
lou5560
Thread Starter #10
I wish I could but I work weekends & 2nd shift which is 2pm to 10pm.

OP
lou5560
Thread Starter #12
No drilling or cutting required. It just bolts up. I did it on jackstands. I used a Dewalt cordless impact gun. I would highly recommend using an impact gun whether it be cordless or air. You will never loosen control arm bolts without one. It is quite easy. It took me about a half hour to install including jacking up vehicle & jackstands. You will love it. It changes the way the car handles though I did do the rear torsion bar & the upper strut bar also. I don't know if it's intent was but I do notice since I installed all 3 they eliminated a lot of my torque steer. They are simple to install. Remember use an impact gun for the control arm bolts for the 6 point brace. You won't regret installing. Good luck !

OP
lou5560
Thread Starter #13
18 MM socket for control arms & 13 MM socket & 10 MM socket for the other 4 mounting points.

OP
lou5560
Thread Starter #15
You're welcome & good luck. Don't forget to torque control arm bolts which I believe was about 110 lbs

I agree. Get an impact. I threw my shoulder out loosening them with brut force...

OP
lou5560
Thread Starter #19
Yo Lou looks good.. You go to any local meets? You are local to me
Would love to go but I work 2-10 pm about an hour & 10 minutes away. Thanks for asking.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

The front control arm bracing definitely helps reduce wheel hop, and maybe the wheel hop has something to do with torque steer? Don't know much about suspension geometry but with my 2 point brace the car feels much better under hard acceleration and cornering.