Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Piercemotorsports Midship Chassis Brace!

As we move our way to the rear of the Fiesta ST it's hard to over look the factory stamped steel mid-brace. It's heavy and has limited exhaust clearance for those wanting to run aftermarket systems. We've designed our brace to be lighter, stronger and offer increased clearance over the OEM part. By using 4130 chromoly we're able to build something light, super rigid/strong while adding some style to the underside. With a 3" exhaust we've gained a 1/2" of clearance to the pipe while keeping nearly flush with the plastic undertray. The braces will retail for $139 plus shipping but as with most of our products we'll offer them with free shipping in the beginning and at $129! They'll come in anthracite or raw if you'd like to color match. It'll be a few days before they hit our site so send us a PM here if you wish to place an order-thanks!!!

This pic courtesy of Isaac against some nice wood parquet!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I do like my floors lol. Thanks for allowing me to be a part :)

For those who want to know, as Jim has pointed out, one benefit is the clearance it provides for larger exhaust diameters; there's hardly any ground clearance lost. As far as the driving experience goes, it's not without benefit. Without your midship brace, the rear-end tends to "trail" or "lag" on turn. While it's not noticeable in very conservative driving, it becomes more apparent during aggressive maneuvers and at higher speeds when you're on the highway. It's especially noticed when you're on bend and the road isn't quite smooth. Unfortunately, I don't have a completely stock suspension set up, so I can't comment on upgrading this as a single piece.

OP
P
Thread Starter #5
Hey guys-just checking in, we got 5 of these built this week and they are starting to get some traction finally---another 3 nearly ready for paint!

Hey guys-just checking in, we got 5 of these built this week and they are starting to get some traction finally---another 3 nearly ready for paint!
Awesome! I'm looking forward to swapping out my current exhaust hugging stamped steel crap for one of these tubular masterpieces [wrenchin]

OP
P
Thread Starter #9
The chromoly unit is nearly 1 pound lighter---main benefit is the increased exhaust clearance and a bit of strength over the stamped steel unit..

OP
P
Thread Starter #12
Hey there-Happy 4TH of JULY to everyone!!! We've been slowly building inventory and converting our chassis brace line over to a powdercoated Anthracite Finish-the finish is amazing, has a hint of metallic and really works with every color theme! The color of steel has always been one of our favorites---and that when combined with a gun metal gray really worked well for us---we had them blend in subtle metallic flakes and it just came to life!

The July 4TH weekend seemed like the perfect time to release the new finish and as we usually do when releasing something new, we offer it at a discount! Through Monday the 6TH you'll be able to use the coupon code "Freedom!" to receive discounts on many of the products in our line!

Again the coupon code: Freedom! will get you up to 20% off on many of the products in our site at www.piercemotorsport.com!!!!

Hey there-Happy 4TH of JULY to everyone!!! We've been slowly building inventory and converting our chassis brace line over to a powdercoated Anthracite Finish-the finish is amazing, has a hint of metallic and really works with every color theme! The color of steel has always been one of our favorites---and that when combined with a gun metal gray really worked well for us---we had them blend in subtle metallic flakes and it just came to life!

The July 4TH weekend seemed like the perfect time to release the new finish and as we usually do when releasing something new, we offer it at a discount! Through Monday the 6TH you'll be able to use the coupon code "Freedom!" to receive discounts on many of the products in our line!

Again the coupon code: Freedom! will get you up to 20% off on many of the products in our site at www.piercemotorsport.com!!!!
Just purchased a 2 point brace with the code, can't wait for it.

Young L

Semi related question......A few months ago there was talk about how the front lower chassis brace wasn?t clearing aftermarket intercooler pipes. Was that ever figured out?

Semi related question......A few months ago there was talk about how the front lower chassis brace wasn?t clearing aftermarket intercooler pipes. Was that ever figured out?
They clear, but depending on your driving and your RMM, the motor Flexing might tap it here or there.

OP
P
Thread Starter #17
Hey there-we had a cobb pipe in the shop---the mountune as well and made adjustments---oddly enough we got more than adequate clearance and were able to gain another .5" of ground clearance-worked out perfectly. We're about ready to release a rear lower strut tower brace---and have started testing on 3 different levels/rates of rear torsion bars.

Young L

They clear, but depending on your driving and your RMM, the motor Flexing might tap it here or there.
Should be good on that with the cobb rmm

Hey there-we had a cobb pipe in the shop---the mountune as well and made adjustments---oddly enough we got more than adequate clearance and were able to gain another .5" of ground clearance-worked out perfectly. We're about ready to release a rear lower strut tower brace---and have started testing on 3 different levels/rates of rear torsion bars.
awesome!

I have the CP-E mount and the MBRP charge pipe with the Pierce brace. Cleared fine and still no issues as of a few hundred miles.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am running Montune charge pipes and a complete 2JR three inch exhaust, I also have a Steeda roll restrictor (RMM).
I have ALL of the Pierce Motorsports bracing and no issues with anything.

Dave