Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Please help guys

Hey
Had my meister r setup today
Running -2 camber and -2 toe
corner weighted also
The trouble is that I preferred my previous setup on standard dampers and eibah lowering springs
This setup at the moment seems like high speed traction and accelerate has a lot less traction
Is this normal
No idea what my previous setup was probably something like -1 camber and no toe

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Why did you go with a toe setting other than 0? If -2 (what units?) means toe out, I don't think the Fiesta ST needs that.

An extra degree of negative camber shouldn't totally kill traction.

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
Why did you go with a toe setting other than 0? If -2 (what units?) means toe out, I don't think the Fiesta ST needs that.

An extra degree of negative camber shouldn't totally kill traction.
This wasnt my idea bud this was the guys who set it up for fast road
Will be going back to 0 toe
Do you think the toe is destroying my traction maybe
Getting a lot more wheel hop
Tyres are spinning when applying power in the bends.. it never use to do this
For the record I have a lsd and upgraded rear motor mount

Last edited:

SteveS

1000 Post Club
In addition to the alignment settings, you should also look at the damper settings. Too stiff will likely reduce traction, as it doesn't allow the wheel to move over road irregularities, and may also prevent roll.

OP
L
Thread Starter #5
In addition to the alignment settings, you should also look at the damper settings. Too stiff will likely reduce traction, as it doesn't allow the wheel to move over road irregularities, and may also prevent roll.
Thankyou
Do you have a good recommendation for a fast road setup for the camber for handling and without messing up acceleration traction

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
If your contact patch is not flat all the way across then you will lose traction. If you toe out and have negative camber then your patch is only flat on the outside tire in a very sharp turn. This means you only have good traction on that one outside tire. The inside one will want to spin because it's basically riding on the inside edge sidewall. Even in straight line digs, you are riding on the inside edge of both front tires and the tires are already scrubbing or losing traction because of the toe. Bottom line is this is more setup for a tight, slow autocross course. Just my opinion. Take a chalk, mark the sidewall and tread where they meet on the outside edge. Go drive the course you want setup for then observe where the chalk is removed. Adjust your camber accordingly.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I think you should have the alignment adjusted for the toe back to 0 and the camber can be left at -2 degrees. But try softening the rebound on the shocks. My guess is it's too stiff, which can make the car feel like its skating in corners because it's not compliant enough. Also check tire pressures.