Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Poll - 2j Racing intake - do you get p04db? Separated by pre/post 2016

Do you have a stored P04DB code on a Fiesta ST with a 2J Racing intake?

• 2015-earlier car, stored P04DB code

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Since a couple of us with newer cars are getting P04DB (PCV disconnected) and a few others are saying they get no codes, I wanted to crowd-source some data to confirm a suspicion that 2016-later cars with the sensor on the PCV throw the P04DB code while the 2015-earlier cars without that sensor do not.

P04DB does not necessarily trigger a CEL, it usually shows up as a stored code so you have to check for it.
I have called and left a message at 2JR about this and let them know there are a couple forum threads on it - I don't know if I'll get a call back or not, but if I do I'll reply here and update this original post.

Last edited:

Erick_V

I routed everything (MAF extender, vaccum and the valve cover hose) through the little valley between the intake manifold and the valve cover right under the injector wiring. All of it fits under the engine cover while still having the sensor in place. All I had to do was twist the hose with the sensor the other way. The larger hose goes under the coolant reservoir and goes straight to the intake. Third pic shoes the check valve placement. For anyone reading this in the future, if you forget the check valve (little thing with the white on it shown in the 2nd picture) you will have a high and irregular idle, ask me how I know lol.

Side note: I do have the 2014-2015 evap line that Ron @ Whoosh carries
Link for evap lines: https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...-to-convert-2016-fiesta-st-to-2014-2015-specs
IMG_0278 (1).jpg IMG_0279 (2).jpg IMG_0281 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Here's something I find interesting, you have the check valve close to the lines, versus I have mine close to the intake. I doubt that would change anything, but it's something to note

Erick_V

With no install instructions I'm not surprised when I see pics of this intake installed and little differences here and there lol. It might be worth a shot to move the location of the check valve, the check valve is around that area to begin with. I would think 48 inches of that line would be pretty cheap

Erick_V

I got a P144C error on 17.
The P144C can be fixed with the evap lines from a 14-15 fiesta st. It happens when you install almost any aftermarket intake on a 16+. Whoosh Motorsports has the lines if the code bothers you or you need to have it cleared for inspection.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The P144C can be fixed with the evap lines from a 14-15 fiesta st. It happens when you install almost any aftermarket intake on a 16+. Whoosh Motorsports has the lines if the code bothers you or you need to have it cleared for inspection.
Where did you mount the sensor on the 90* elbow that comes off the valve cover?

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Where did you mount the sensor on the 90* elbow that comes off the valve cover?
I removed the plastic hose from just after the elbow and attached the pcv hose directly to that, leaving the sensor-elbow part installed.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I did the same thing. I'm still getting the code :(

Is the check valve necessary if you have the 14-15 lines? I just ran my hose straight from the intake to the evap harness (the same way but no check valve)

Erick_V

My check valve is right at the hose that comes out of the evap line. My car had a high idle before the check valve

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I did the same thing. I'm still getting the code :(

Is the check valve necessary if you have the 14-15 lines? I just ran my hose straight from the intake to the evap harness (the same way but no check valve)
Which code, the p04db one? That doesn't have anything to do with the evap lines, P04DB appears to be due to the redesigned pcv valve on the 2016+ cars.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Which code, the p04db one? That doesn't have anything to do with the evap lines, P04DB appears to be due to the redesigned pcv valve on the 2016+ cars.
Yeah it comes and goes. Typically it sets under WOT in 2nd / 3rd from like 2500rpm. Partial throttle doesnt affect it, but WOT does. Should I just have my tuner "turn off" the code?

Erick_V

Yeah it comes and goes. Typically it sets under WOT in 2nd / 3rd from like 2500rpm. Partial throttle doesnt affect it, but WOT does. Should I just have my tuner "turn off" the code?
If I remember right the P04DB is a stored code and doesn’t illuminate the dash. I wouldn’t worry about it if that’s the case. I would occasionally have the code but it would clear itself.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
Can't say for sure - I have emailed 2J a few times, and called and left messages, but have never ever received a response about it. If they said "it's normal" I'd still have the 2j installed.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If I remember right the P04DB is a stored code and doesn’t illuminate the dash. I wouldn’t worry about it if that’s the case. I would occasionally have the code but it would clear itself.
Thats what I thought too, and on my old FiST it didn't on this car it does. I have two codes, one for the BOV being unplugged, and the P04DB. The car drives fine I just have to reset the light every time i get where I'm going.

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
Thats what I thought too, and on my old FiST it didn't on this car it does. I have two codes, one for the BOV being unplugged, and the P04DB. The car drives fine I just have to reset the light every time i get where I'm going.
Wait do you have a different BOV? Because the intake shouldn't cause that.

Ford Community Posts