Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Poor Fiesta ST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Member Pedro Imbert shared this picture of his Fiesta ST on our Facebook. [bigcry]

Hope everyone is safe.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
From his FB post
sad to see this... not even 2 months in to owning my ST and another Ford catches fire next to mine
This wasn't the guy with the race chip was it ?

It was a different car that caught fire which in turn damaged his, it wasn't the chip. At least not the one in his car... Hopefully the damage is easier to repair having been caused by radiant heat rather than the ST being the source of the fire. Iv'e had the unfortunate experience of watching my Subaru go up in flames five years ago, it simply sucks in the suckiest way. I hope everyone is okay.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Ouch that sucks...it does look as if it was only burnt on one side.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
It'll buff out......
But really, major bummer. Hopefully there isn't too much damage that we can't see. Should be fixable?

First Burnt FiST, had to be mine!

Thanks for everyone's concerns, thankfully im OK i was not in the car when the truck that was passing by caught fire and the guy who was diving the car an EMT from the area was not harmed but his 1994 Ford Ranger is out of commission for good.

All this happened on the side of the road in a small surf town in Puerto Rico (island in the Caribbean "just in case" lol) called Rincon. While i was hammering down Coronas with lime on the beach staring at pretty bikinis, this guy was in traffic heading up the hill where my car was parked in front of the beach entrance, apparently from what i can deduct in the pictures and what the police told me is that the truck apparently caught fire under the carriage and when the guy realized that the car was on fire he put the car in park and stepped out without being harmed. MY LUCK! he stopped right next to my FiST the damages came to a total of almost 13,000 dollars so my insurance company called it a total loss, it was and still is the only FiST in OX White ;( super bummer!

on the bright side 4 more FiST's are coming to Puerto Rico in April and I get to choose whichever i want for my replacement :) thank god for full cover insurance

PS

Damages included:

doors
windows and motors
weather stripping
side mirror
brake light
side molding
sun roof
the list goes on and on for 3 pages

Ouch. Glad everyone is okay though. Sorry to hear it was totaled out but its good that your insurance covers a new one.

Holy mother of god, that sucks. Sorry to see that, but glad everyone was ok and you get a brand new car.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Glad all are OK and take note what those pretty bikini's can do to a poor fella ... I wish it was in the states I would go for the drive train or at least parts of it if they are just going to receycle it anyways ....

XuperXero

You definitely need to down more Coronas and stare at some bouncing bikinis! Glad you're OK.

Thanks for everyone's concerns, thankfully im OK i was not in the car when the truck that was passing by caught fire and the guy who was diving the car an EMT from the area was not harmed but his 1994 Ford Ranger is out of commission for good.

All this happened on the side of the road in a small surf town in Puerto Rico (island in the Caribbean "just in case" lol) called Rincon. While i was hammering down Coronas with lime on the beach staring at pretty bikinis, this guy was in traffic heading up the hill where my car was parked in front of the beach entrance, apparently from what i can deduct in the pictures and what the police told me is that the truck apparently caught fire under the carriage and when the guy realized that the car was on fire he put the car in park and stepped out without being harmed. MY LUCK! he stopped right next to my FiST the damages came to a total of almost 13,000 dollars so my insurance company called it a total loss, it was and still is the only FiST in OX White ;( super bummer!

on the bright side 4 more FiST's are coming to Puerto Rico in April and I get to choose whichever i want for my replacement :) thank god for full cover insurance

Sorry for the car loss,hey where you surfing rincon? Or just hanging? I know that's a pretty popular break for P.R. They call it Puerto Rico's "Pipeline". I've seen picture of that place going off and it look pretty heavy.[like]

-ry