Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Popping flames!

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Anyone else do this on the regular? After my car has been set up like this for quite a while. I recently found out that on say 70% every downshift decel in second and third that reaches around 4k results in a flame out the exhaust. Small ones in second, about a foot in third. I dont have a go pro so I'm going off what the wife says in a car next to me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Anyone else do this on the regular? After my car has been set up like this for quite a while. I recently found out that on say 70% every downshift decel in second and third that reaches a lil over 3k results in a flame out the exhaust. Small ones in second, about a foot in third. I dont have a go pro so I'm going off what the wife says in a car next to me.

I want footage! This would be a good Icon!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I know I need a go pro. I have a poor quality video from far back of the small second gear ones. I go to 40 mph usually in third then downshift to second for a small pop. Up to 65 in fourth then downshift to third for a bigger one. I'll get video as soon as I can. For myself if anything

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know I need a go pro. I have a poor quality video from far back of the small second gear ones. I go to 40 mph usually in third then downshift to second for a small pop. Up to 65 in fourth then downshift to third for a bigger one. I'll get video as soon as I can. For myself if anything

Its for posterity! [cool]

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
Plm catless and cp-e with resonator in place.

I've seen a few YouTube vids of people who are catless and shoot flames. Normal I think. Also badass.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I have heard of it happening but didnt know until my wife was behind me one day and I asked her, hey does it shoot a flame if I make it pop? To my extreme surprise she said yes. I said really!? How bout now? Did it again! I was stupid happy. Like a kid with a new toy happy lol. Here is the best I could do for a small example and its bright where it happened.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have heard of it happening but didnt know until my wife was behind me one day and I asked her, hey does it shoot a flame if I make it pop? To my extreme surprise she said yes. I said really!? How bout now? Did it again! I was stupid happy. Like a kid with a new toy happy lol. Here is the best I could do for a small example and its bright where it happened.

NOICE! Cant wait to install my Thermal....to see if the snap crackle pop option gets any louder and maybe some flammage! [rockon]

AzNightmare

From what I'm aware of. You get the flames if you pop in a decat. No flames if you pop with a catted dp.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

you can get near gopro quality with a yi cam, the yi lite is on par with a 2 year old gopro for way less money.

OP
KnockOff

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
My wife got me a knockoff from target and it was supposed to be 1080p but everything was so fuzzy we took it back. Here is another screen grab from a far away vid.