Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Potential Boost Issue?

ShelbyW

Hey ST Forum, new owner and new member with some questions about my car.

I fairly recently purchased a 14 FiST, which I am in love with. However, the owner before me clearly had done some modifications to the car and then removed them. The stock parts may or may not have been removed and then returned, the previous owner did a fairly trash straight pipe resonator delete on the stock exhaust with some cheap steel piping, and the only change I've made other then a CP-E rear engine mount was a recently purchased accessport.

My issue is that i now have access to data about the boost PSI, and it seems off but I've never owned a turbocharged vehicle and never monitored boost levels before. I'm running a Stage One 93 Octane tune which is running well on the car, but my max boost in a 3rd gear WOT pull is consistently roughly 17 PSI. In 2nd I regularly see much, much less then that on aggressive pulls, and even in just spirited driving I rarely am seeing positive boost pressure. At idle im around -10 and in casual driving I usually don't get above -7 even if i hold off shifting till 4000 rpm.

I'm extremely unfamiliar with boost pressure to be sure, but my max boost seems far lower then comparable mostly stock vehicles and i haven't been able to find much data on what boost should look like outside of maxing it.

My question is if this sounds like a leak issue to anyone with more experience then myself, and if it does sound like a pressure leak then is it possible to identify leaks or will i just have to go through and tighten every hose and hope for the best? I'm mechanically capable to some extent but I've never worked on a turbo system before.

Could be a boost leak since you said the prior owner had returned it to stock. Check the inter cooler hoses to make sure that they’re on tight.

Also check if your Set on low boost setting since you have a flash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

ShelbyW

Thread Starter #3
Where would I find the low boost setting? I just briefly ran through the options on the accessport and couldn't find anything that seemed to be related to regulating boost pressure

Go into tunes>change tune and you’ll see a list of tunes. If not in there go to the top of the menu and find Adjust Tune and the different map slots will be shown